Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need help!

[Jo...]

Info: age 23, last dose k was 6 months ago, over dose, did a dangerous fast taper, and was prescribed Amitriptyline 25mg for sleep. 

I can’t do this anymore the nerve pain I am experiencing is so bad! I don’t know what is happening! My muscle stiffness and nerve pain are so bad! This is effecting my left arm, leg, head, and upper back! I don’t know what is happening! This unlivable!

Edited by [Jo...]

[Ma...]

1st, hang in there! Are you able to handle, manage medication? I believe Gabapentin may help, but I have not experienced this.

I am sure others will respond to assist. In the meantime maybe ice packs, a warm bath, Tylenol?

Hang in there, okay?! 🙏

[Ma...]

Go to Alternative Therapies Group-there’s a thread on what you’re experiencing.

[Nu...]
3 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Info: age 23, last dose k was 6 months ago, over dose, did a dangerous fast taper, and was prescribed Amitriptyline 25mg for sleep. 

I can’t do this anymore the nerve pain I am experiencing is so bad! I don’t know what is happening! My muscle stiffness and nerve pain are so bad! This is effecting my left arm, leg, head, and upper back! I don’t know what is happening! This unlivable!

Hang in there, JH... things will get better...

[Ta...]

Can you try taking some zinc? If you get a zinc lozenge and let it dissolve under your tongue, you may find that the nerve pain slowly dissipates. This works for me. A natural replacement for gabapentin is: zinc, b-12, and capsaicin. Many people are sensitive to b-12, but you can try shaking cayenne pepper into a small cup of water and drink it down. Zinc and cayenne pepper relieve nerve pain for me in about 10 minutes, and are NOT addictive like gabapentin.

[wi...]

@[Jo...]

Do NOT take gabapentin, please. It’s very addictive and hard to get off. Tolerance can develop very quickly ❤️

• Like 3

[Kr...]

Gabapentin is now a monitored substance in a few U.S. states. 
it’s a nasty drug. Took me 18 months to taper off 900mgs and it was a challenge. I think it hits gaba receptors very hard.

• Like 2

[Pi...]

Forget Gabapentin. Different drug name same nonsense all over again. Not a solution. I know several people totally addicted to it also.

• Like 2

[Jo...]

yesterday was the worse day so for! It felt like a tight electric bobwire was covering my whole body.  My parents want to put me on another antidepressant Because of how bad I felt yesterday. I don’t want another GOD DAMN Anti-depressant I WANT relief! Today There feels like there is sludge underneath my skin and muscles. I am constantly pacing back-and-forth because of uncomfortable I am feeling. When I turn my head I hear cracking noises that sound like from my neck muscles. this has been happening for the past two months now. And It genuinely feels like there is something in my left upper back to where if I were to put a syringe in my upper back something might come out. There have been people that have mentioned the same thing while going through withdrawal. Specifically, klonopin withdrawal. 

I thought it might have been serotonin syndrome from the antidepressant that I am on. But, I have found several articles online that say it very unlikely that it is serotonin syndrome from Amitriptyline. Maybe it is a histamine over flow that I am dealing with? Is this possible?

[Ra...]
4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

yesterday was the worse day so for! It felt like a tight electric bobwire was covering my whole body.  My parents want to put me on another antidepressant Because of how bad I felt yesterday. I don’t want another GOD DAMN Anti-depressant I WANT relief! Today There feels like there is sludge underneath my skin and muscles. I am constantly pacing back-and-forth because of uncomfortable I am feeling. When I turn my head I hear cracking noises that sound like from my neck muscles. this has been happening for the past two months now. And It genuinely feels like there is something in my left upper back to where if I were to put a syringe in my upper back something might come out. There have been people that have mentioned the same thing while going through withdrawal. Specifically, klonopin withdrawal. 

I thought it might have been serotonin syndrome from the antidepressant that I am on. But, I have found several articles online that say it very unlikely that it is serotonin syndrome from Amitriptyline. Maybe it is a histamine over flow that I am dealing with? Is this possible?

@[Jo...] from how many days you are taking antidepressants??? 

[Jo...]

@[Ra...],

I Have been taking Amitriptyline for 6 months now. You mentioned that serotonin builds up over hours and few day? Can please elaborate on this a little more?

[Ra...]
9 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

@[Ra...],

I Have been taking Amitriptyline for 6 months now. You mentioned that serotonin builds up over hours and few day? Can please elaborate on this a little more?

@[Jo...] please watch ssri lexapro brain damage on youtube by wdtony. You will understand how serotonin syndrome develop with in one day. 

The majority of cases of serotonin syndrome present within 24 hours, and most within six hours, of a change in dose or initiation of a drug .

[Ra...]
17 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

@[Ra...],

@[Jo...] I had taken prozac i adverse reacted with in one day.

[Jo...]

Ok thank so much @[Ra...], I wasn’t really sure if a person would show adverse or paradoxical effects during the first day they took the drug or not? 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
Just now, [[J...] said:

Ok thank so much @[Ra...], I wasn’t really sure if a person would show adverse or paradoxical effects during the first day they took the drug or not? 

@[Jo...] i am live example of these adverse reaction. I am not here due to benzo, i am here because AD adverse reaction causes akathisia/ restlessness. 

Believe me adverse reaction /paradoxical reaction /serotonin syndrome happen with in day

@[Jo...] you are going through delayed withdrawals of k,its my opinion. 

In 2018 AD saved my life 

2023 AD totally ruin my life

[ji...]

@[Jo...] i also had that weird crackling sound in my neck when i moved it.  im also withdrawling from klonopin.  wishing you health & healing~jill