Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

changing method

[ji...]

hi guys,    this setback from hell has me looking for a change in taper plan.  what would be the easiest way to liquid taper clonzazpam.  does it disolve in water?

• Like 1

[or...]

Not well at all Jilly, I tried that first and it would have been hard to do.  Some folks are going with liquid prescriptions but I hear a lot about it being a lot different than a dose from a tablet, and the liquid.  Did you look it type of tapers forum yet?  Or I think it says taper methods.  Don't let me discourage you, I couldn't do it, and I couldn't get liquid through my doctor here either.

I see a lot of people talk about these liquid tapers, one is @[Li...] might be able to help you. I can't think of anyone else off-hand but just "search" for liquid taper, or maybe DLMT, I think we should still have some posts on that "past" group I think it was: Daily Liquid Micro Taper.  You know my brain though, or lack thereof ;) :hug:

Edited by [or...]

[Ma...]

You can get liquid k at a compound pharmacy and even check if the brand you are on comes in liquid.

It only took me 1 phone call to find 1 as I asked the initial pharmacy.

It might be worth a try…

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

[ji...]

thanks @[or...].   i really didnt want to switch methods.  im just in a bad way right now after doing so well for so long.  it was just an idea, but i probably will wait this out and hope to get back to where i was.   i dont think changing method would help anyway because ive up dosed and have had no improvement.   this is really rough and im just praying for some releif of these bazre symptoms im having.   hope you are doing well ~~jill

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[or...]
12 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

thank you @[Ma...]

I think a lot about changing things up, maybe liquid, maybe bigger or smaller.  I know what it's like to wonder if something might get me out of a rut with the wd sxs.  The one I'm doing now is doing well.  I know you've had more to deal with than me though.  Main thing I try and wrap my head around is what is the best way to become stable, I mean for me personally. What has worked for you in the past maybe?  That's or goal when we taper, is to get stable again so we can taper again.

I took 2 months to stabilize on my first taper I'd done when I got here.  I think it was what I thought was a quarter tablet, but turned out to be 11%, and even that was too much, but I hung in there as folks kept saying try to hang on til you stabilize.  I thought I never would, but I did, you do what you feel is best for you Jilly, we' support you no matter what :) hugs, oregonlady :hug:

Edited by [or...]
  • Love 1

[Ri...]

My doctor just prescribed 0.125 mg oral dissolving tablets to assist with the taper. He told me to drop 0.125 every 2 weeks to months. I had a rough go at it going from 1.25mg to 1mg. He told me to go nice and slooooooooooow! Which made me feel more confident.

my advice to you is to take the positive vibes from this site and go slow. When you were taking about going to the ER because of the suffering, I get that, and have felt that intense feeling of anxiety and though about going. Please stabilize at a dose and move to tapper at a snails pace. Like a meditative exercise of slow tapering (if that makes any sense). Slow everything down during the rough times and take a hot bubble bath or run cold water over the back of your neck/head. These work to soothe me.

the water taper for me is a pain in the but. I do see the advantage when you get down to the end of your taper by switching to a liquid form. Peace and be well!

Edited by [Ri...]
Spelling
  • Like 1

[ji...]
Posted (edited)

thank you   @[Ri...]..  i am also on the same as you.  ive been on for 30 years.  my taper has been over 3 years now and has been going really well. i recently got down to the last 0.1 mg and went into acute like withdrawl.  i have never felt like this ever in my taper.  im having the worse electric feeling buzzing in my hands and face, horrble jolts going through my body, very weird pulling sensations, and my worset symptom is the crazy heartbeats.  ive even up dosed but no change, so im just going to try to hold on til this hopefully eases up.  i did think i would suffer some when i was completely off, but i wasnt expecting this while still tapering at the end.  and now im back up a bit but without improvement.  i wish i didnt updose being that id probally be in the same position of i had stayed. so now im back up to over a quarter pill a day.   prayers for health and healing~~jill

Edited by [ji...]
  • Like 1

[Ri...]

I know now as you get lower on dose I do think liquid version of the benzo is the was to go, I just got the The Maudsley book on Deprescribing and all the tapers suggest going to liquid when your down to a low level.

• Like 1

[Fa...]

@[ji...]  What Country are you in?  I am in Canada.  My Clonazepam dissolves in water within seconds.  I do not know the generic brand...it doesn't state on my script.  There is no coating on my tablets.  I drop it in water, and it breaks down immediately.  I have been using this method for over a year now.  It has worked for me.  I use a water taper, but I do not do a daily micro taper.  I do cut and hold still.

Warmly,

Edited by [Fa...]
  • Like 1

[Fa...]

@[ji...]  Mine are not Teva.  My script says PMS Clonazepam.  Looks like a pharmaceutical distributer here in Canada, but no other info.  If the pills are coated, they can still be dissolved, but not as easily from what I have read.  But, do-able.

I know many can have issues changing the delivery system of the drug.  I don't know if I would want to take a chance of switching if I was able to make accurate cuts at your low dose.  I say this because of the increased symptoms you are experiencing at this juncture.  If all has been working well for all of this time, I would feel as though it has nothing to do with how you are taking the drug.  The body may be going through uncomfortable (I know, crappy word) adjustments now that are more intense.  I'm not saying anything that has not been said before.  It seems like there are just patches that are far more challenging that we move through.  As you know, many say the end of the taper is the most challenging.  Others walk off.  However, trying to fix the symptoms at this point, in my view, would be interfering with the process of healing as you approach the end of your taper.  How many times have I heard 'you just have to push through'...many, many.  If it is a matter of not being able to reduce effectively while at these low doses, then looking into adjusting your taper method would be a necessity.  And, that would be different...only in my opinion.  The less we interfere with changes during the process, if at all possible, the better.

As with every step of this process, things always shift.  This phase will shift, too.

Warmly,

[Li...]

@[ji...] If memory serves, you have been using older tablets that have been stored in your bathroom.

I read an article last night that stated:

”Studies have shown that many drugs with a 1-2 year shelf-life retain 85-90% potency at the 5-6 year mark.”

I haven’t tracked down the studies yet but if this claim is indeed correct, it’s possible the (lower) potency of older tablets you were using when you ‘hit the wall’ may have been a contributing factor.

• Like 1

[ji...]

im starting to feel better after 4 weeks.  i think i was so low on my does that maybe my brain just had some more healing to do. im taking it easy and letting my system settle back down.   then i will continue what ive been doing. if i run into a problem again, then i will have to go back to drs for a new prescrition. i really dont think the pills have lost potency.  i read something about them being good up to  five years.  as youcan tell,i really dont want to go back to my dr.lol thank you for all the help and encouragement~~jill   health & healing to all of us

• Like 4

[or...]

I would take older Clonazepam as well, especially if they were obviously working.  I think we'd know if they weren't and by holding a bit longer, you are good to go now!  That's worked for me too @[ji...] I'm kind of glad you didn't want to switch and I've found just sticking with my original "script" has worked really well.

If it works, don't fix it right ;) hugs, Oregonlady :hug:

• Love 1

[Li...]
15 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

im starting to feel better after 4 weeks.  i think i was so low on my does that maybe my brain just had some more healing to do. im taking it easy and letting my system settle back down.   then i will continue what ive been doing. if i run into a problem again, then i will have to go back to drs for a new prescrition. i really dont think the pills have lost potency.  i read something about them being good up to  five years.  as youcan tell,i really dont want to go back to my dr.lol thank you for all the help and encouragement~~jill   health & healing to all of us

I’m so glad you’re staring to feel better @[ji...]!  Yes, I remember that you really don’t want to go back to your doctor for a new prescription. ;)  

I just want you to be aware that it’s possible the tablets you are using may have degraded over time, especially given that they have been stored in less than ideal conditions and handled repeatedly.

It sounds like you may be referring to the Shelf Life Extension Program (SLEP) study conducted back in 1986.  Although many (but not all) of the drugs tested were found to be safe and effective past their licensed expiration date, benzodiazepines were not included in the study so we really don’t know what happens to them over time. 

• Love 1

[PE...]
34 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Nice to read! 

• Love 1