Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin to valium crossover

Doctor at pre-admission said that I should be able to bring my own meds. Will see.  
Also, dont want to jinx myself but I seemed to have stabilized.  Wd are minimal. 

• Like 1

[Li...]

Thank you for the update @[...].  That’s good news that the doctor said you should be able to bring your own meds.  Do you have a Plan B in case the hospital refuses to honor this?

That’s great news you’re stabilizing!  What is your current dose?  The last entry in your History is:

2/25/24- current:  .047 x 3/day

• 3 weeks later...

Stabilization only lasted couple of days.  On 3/25 went CT.  Its awful. Going to have to reschedule back surgery that was to be done in five days 4/9.  Dont know where to go from here.  Do i try to updose and get stable or not.  I have many wd symptoms. 
worst is palpitations and breathing issues.  
Very scary.  Need some help.  

[Li...]

I’m so sorry to hear this @[...].  

Would you please update your history with your dates/doses/reductions after 2/25/24?  Here’s what you have now:

9/15/23-12/9/23:  .5 mg 1 or 2 a week
12/10/23-1/10/24:  .125 x 2/day
1/11/24-1/31/24:   .0625 x 3/day
2/1/24-2/10/24:   .0588 x. 3/day
2/11/24-2/24/24:  .053 x 3/day
2/25/24- current:  .047 x 3/day

Also please remind us if you are taking any other medications or supplements..

I have an appointment this morning so hope other members will provide input.

Schedule is correct.  Jumped on 3/25 so no K since then.  Try to take 5 mg of cannabis to get some sleep but going to stop since its not helping at this point. Too many people (not in this forum) , family, doctor, pharmacist telling me I should be fine just stopping    Bad timing since I guess I am now at day 10 and acute wd I guess  Most posts that I see say not to updose  ? Am I in danger of seizure ?  Hope to hear from you or another member soon    

Colin. Thank you for the response.  Will look into your suggestion.  I just rescheduled my surgery for 6/11.  So I hope I feel a lot better by then.  Since I am a relatively short term user should I continue to stopping the K (10 days off).  Based on my taper schedule and where I was when I stopped K do you think I should updose or continue stopping med. 

[Li...]

I do not wish to alarm you, but given that your withdrawal symptoms are severe and increasing, you might want to factor the possibility of developing protracted withdrawal syndrome into your decision making.

Colin. Yes that dose is correct. If I reinstate about how long for wd symptoms to ease a bit. I know its a subjective question but just an estimate. 

Libertas:  Sounds very scary. Do I have any options ?

[Co...]

Oh. You take three smaller doses over the day. The principle is the same. You might find good relief after a single dose, or two or three doses (over the day). Or a day or two after this.

I moved my surgery from 4/9 to 6/11.  I am hoping to stay off meds and be well enough by then to go through surgery.  Since today is day 10 of cessation would acute stage be just starting.  Hopefully things will calm down by then.  The taper wasnt working that well for me. I was still having lots of symptoms so maybe some were side effects.  Is 2-3 wks a reasonable time frame for acute stage to be tolerable or almost over ? Crossing fingers no paws.  

[Li...]

The only way to know how long withdrawal will last and how severe it will be for you is via your personal lived experience.  As is oft repeated here, “We’re all different.”  

Want to thank Libertas and Colin for hanging in there for all my questions. I am a 74 yr old guy living alone with no support so this site is a life line.  I am going to try to go a day or two with no meds and see how it goes. If it gets a lot worse then will most likely restart meds and be stuck taking them through surgery. Not my first choice but its up to my body now. 

• Like 2

You guys were right. Too big of a drop. Wd were pretty awful. I have restarted meds. Took first 2 doses one last night and one early this morning.  Wd were bad on first dose and pretty bad on second but some improvement.  Dose is .041mg x 3 a day. 
thats a little less than before I went CT. Going to see how that goes. Had to reschedule surgery for 6/11/2024.  Hope I can be at a lower but stable dose by then. 

• Love 1

Just a follow up. WD were never worse restarting than off meds. 

[or...]

Such good news CW!  If I were headed for surgery, now wouldn't be the time to taper.  I had to wait to taper until I really felt confident about it.  I had a bad seizure, or something, the doctor in emergency couldn't label it, and neither did my MD.  It may have been this or that, when I knew it was a too fast taper my MD put me on, .25 a month and he just recommended breaking the pills/cutting them :( good grief, how uninformed.

So very glad to hear your news this a.m. CW, Denise :hug:

[Co...]

I am glad that you are beginning to experience relief, @[...]. Blood levels will continue to increase significantly for the next or two, so you will probably experience even greater relief over a similar timeframe.