Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taper strips

[Ka...]

Curious if anyone had/has success with taper strips? https://www.taperingstrip.com/

I thought about these but sadly my practitioner did not agree to me attempting to come off diazepam. Since a form has to be completed by  a medic (& it was proving a sticking point) I could not pursue this. It seems tapering strips may take the worry of the maths away, which can itself be a stress, and be a potentially simple solution to tapering plan. 

[or...]

@[Ka...] just a question: why did your doc not agree to your coming off diazepam? 

And, no I have never used them but wish I had known about them. My NP would certainly have agreed that I try them. So sorry that your doc won't help you.

• Like 1

[Ka...]

Thanks. Long story! @[or...] Felt I was better on than off! This was despite being no better, actually worse with some paradoxical effect. Sadly, this is why deprescribing fiasco exists! It should be a collaboration. 

[Li...]

Hello @[Ka...].  I know we’ve had at least one member who used Tapering Strips  but he is no longer active in the community.  (If memory serves, he was located in The Netherlands where these custom-dose tablets are produced by a university-based compounding pharmacy.)

A large portion of our membership is located in the US.  Importing a controlled substance into this country from overseas would be challenging so I’m not surprised we haven’t had many members who have used these.

At some point, I hope to talk to the creators of Tapering Strips about the possibility of sharing their technologies and techniques with a select group of compounding pharmacies here in the US.  I agree with you and @[or...] that these would make tapering much easier!

For interested readers who wish to learn more about Tapering Strips, there’s a short video you can watch at:

https://www.taperingstrip.com/

• Like 2