Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cold turkey off low dose/moderate dose of klonopin? Info needed

[Al...]

Hi to all I’m curious if anyone has gone cold turkey of 0.5 clonezepam? I was told seizures can occur at high dosages if going cold turkey? I want to quit my clonzepam because I was over using my medication when my daughter arrived due to postpartum anxiety and hormones, etc. I get 14 a month and my medication is a PRN ( only take as needed ) medication. Please any info is helpful? I just want to know if I’m over reacting or hyping myself up turning a small thing into something bigger than it is by going cold turkey?? Any advice helps! 

[Ma...]

I don’t know about PRN but .5 is a very large dose. I would encourage you to taper it down, down, down.

I am sure others will respond and can help with how to do so.

[Nu...]

I don't think I would cold turkey off any dose of clonazepam. It's one of the stronger benzos in terms of diazepam equivalents. You can try and make larger cuts to see how you fare, but the general recommendation is 5-10% decrease every 2-4 weeks then adjust based on how your body responds.

Whichever way you go, it's important to be flexible. If you need to change your rate of taper, then do it. Don't be rigid.

[je...]

0.5mg is not a low dose. I would not go cold turkey especially if I have a baby to take care of. This can cause you to become incapacitated for months. Rather try smaller reductions first to see how you react. 

• Like 1