Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Could Cod Liver Oil be slowing my recovery?

[Bi...]

I started taking Cod Liver Oil months - possibly even close to a year ago - partly for Vit D as I know I was slightly deficient, but also as I saw somewhere in here that some people had it for the help of Omega 3s on brain health...

Now I've read a few posts of people who've had side effects Nd things and not gotten along with it, and it's slowed them down...

Could that be the case for me? Could it be slowing my recover (24 months in 4days off of Klonopin after 6month taper). Definitely seen some recovery, doing a lot better with a lot more positives but still not there so wanted to see what people thought. Equally, should I taper off it if it is causing problems, so I don't get a set back?

[Re...]

Hello @[Bi...],

I am delighted to hear that you have seen improvement, it is very encouraging :)

People do report sensitivities to omega-3 supplements, but I personally never heard these causing a physical dependence and requiring a taper.

In my personal experience, my body rejected/rejects food and supplements that are problematic automatically,I have a gut feeling about these to this day.

If you’re concerned about this supplement, what do you think about pausing it or reducing it for a while and seeing if there is difference? 

It is wonderful that you have come this far. Please donˋt worry about this, as that might indeed cause you discomfort.

• Like 1

[Bi...]

Thank you @[Re...]... I am going away for a week, so could use that as a chance to pause it and see. I guess where I've not had any noticeable effects it will hopefully be fine. Just so hard not to overthink, particularly where I'm so desperate for it to be near the end.

[Re...]

I see @[Bi...], I am sure you will have a good time and no issues. But I am not sure it is around a trip I would do this.

I personally now that a trip causes quite a bit of stress, so why don’t your try this after you are home ok? I hope this makes sense.

[Bi...]

@[Re...] I would do, but can't travel with it unfortunately, so know I don't have much choice really.

[je...]

I agree with @[Re...]. I think often we are looking for explanations of why we are not recovering as quickly as we would like to when those explanations are just not simple and straightforward. I have taken Omega 3 and I’m also not aware that it requires tapering. I was told to stop taking it several weeks before a surgery I  had and I had no problems whatsoever. 

[Bi...]

Thank you @[je...]... that does make me feel better about having it. So I'll hopefully keep going without any problems.

• Like 1