Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Looking for a Doctor in Arizona that can help me taper.

I started the water taper and on day 11 I stopped due to lack of sleep.  I can't do this by myself.  I need professional help.

@[Di...] it would be helpful to us if you could tell us which benzo you are tapering, and describe how you make the "water taper" solution and a bit about your methods. Then we can help you. 

Just one thought . . . you probably will not find a doc to help you. I needed a new doc and found instead an NP (in OR). Docs who know anything about benzo wd are scarce as hens' teeth. I got more advice and experience from the folks on here. My NP was really only good to make sure I had an uninterrupted supply of valium. So . . . just sayin. 

I successfully tapered my last 3 mgs of valium using a solution of vodka, water and my  3 mgs of valium. It was pretty straight forward. Before that, I did cut and hold. However, if you can get ahold of liquid benzo from the pharmacy, I advise that.  

You say you stopped the water taper sue to lack of sleep. Please explain . . . are you no longer tapering? What are you doing?

So, please get back to us.

Katz

P.S. I read one of your previous posts . . . do you know that lorazepam is nearly insoluble in water? This  may be one of your problems.

Edited by [or...]

[Di...]

I just reinstated my .75mg of Lorazepam.  I was dropping the .75 mg dose into 300 ml of water.  I waited for it to dissolve to the best of its ability.  I shook-up the jar for two minutes.  I extracted each night 1 mil, so by the 10th day I extracted 10 mil.  The last five nights I only slept 3 hours and I ended up falling on my broken wrist.  Last night I hardly slept at my .75 mg of Lorazepam.  Today I took 1/4 gram around 11 a.m. and I will take 1/2 gram in a few minutes.  I feel so defeated.   

[or...]

@[Di...] can you look into getting liquid Lorazepam  from your pharmacy? Will your present doc prescribe it? I think you'll have more success with it, given, as I said, that Lorazepam tablets are mostly insoluble. Who knows how much benzo you were really taking. I do think this might be the cause of your problems.  However, that being said, don't stop your taper. Can you go back to tablets and stabilize while you look into getting pharma liquid if that's what you choose to do? As well as, perhaps, an NP. 

[Di...]

I have been on Ativan 12 years.  I just became tolerant within the last week.