Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Looking for a Chicago Area Doc for Taper

Hello Everyone!

I live in the Chicago Area and I am looking for a prescribing doc to help me taper super slow off of my SNRI. I cold turkeyed off benzos 13 years ago and I definitely don't want to do that again. I am still struggling with BIND 13 years later. Does anyone know of a benzo-wise doc in the area? Thanks

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!   There might be a member here who has a suggestion, but there are forums just for for coming off anti-depressants that might have some suggestions.  A really popular site is called "Surviving Antidepressants.  They are currently not accepting new members until March 1, but that is tomorrow so you won't have to wait long if that is something you want to do.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

[Mi...]

@[...]

Hi!

I have recently been connected to an incredibly compassionate psych to help with a very long patient led taper with my benzo. He has worked with some of the best coaches in the space (although tapering people is not his specialty, he will listen to you 100%). DM me if you want any details on him. He’s got his IL license.

Thanks!

Edited by [Mi...]