Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Positive ANA

I had a positive result on ANA blood test. Anyone else have that or hear of anyone having this do to benzo withdrawal? I’m seeing a rheumatologist tomorrow. Thanks 

43 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

I had a positive result on ANA blood test. Anyone else have that or hear of anyone having this do to benzo withdrawal? I’m seeing a rheumatologist tomorrow. Thanks 

Yes! 6 months After I was forced tapered 3 yrs ago, I didn't know I was in withdrawal and my doctor did some blood work including an ANA test. It came back positive, but was rechecked a month or so later and was negative. 

I was scheduled to see a rheumatologist and canceled. 

Benzos cause many strange side affects, false positives and symptoms that are for many miserable. 

You should still make your appointment, hopefully it's a false positive, better to be on the safe side. 

I hope yours is negative too!

Please let us know how it goes.

Take care

Ns

During the peak of my withdrawal I was desperate.  I thought something medically was wrong.  So I went to the PCP and had a ton of bloodwork done.  A this time I had a positive ANA 1:160.  Outside of my fatigue and withdrawal symptoms, nothing else rheumatological was going on.  I saw a rheumatologist who got more blood work and scans.  Only thing that showed up was a + anti-ro.  He thinks I may have sjogren's disease, though I do not have any of the disease manifestations besides fatigue.  I honestly think that I am just dealing with benzo withdrawal and the stress from the wd has caused an autoimmune response.  My hope is with time all this will normalize.  I will consider getting a lip biopsy to confirm diagnosis in the future if need be.