Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Three months off of Temazepam

So I am at three months off of temazepam and I have tapered some of the natural supplements I take for sleep. I am still taking hydroxyzine 75-100mgs and 5mgs of Dayvigo for sleep. I think I am getting some sleep every night but I'm not sure. I feel so fatigued and tired I don't know if I'm getting any sleep or not to be honest. I didn't sleep much last night because I forgot to renew my Dayvigo prescription and I don't know if me taking CBD and natural supplements are helping me at all. I do take adrenal support supplements but I don't know if I should take that either. I started doing CBT-I for sleep as well but I don't know if im making myself worse by taking valarian root, magnesium etc to help with sleep. I know there has to be someone on here that can help me or tell me that im not messing myself up more and that eventually this will all be over. I know a week and a half ago I slept for seven hours and that was great. Unfortunately a day that was supposed to be a good day became one of my worse days due to some personal stuff in my life and as a result I didnt sleep the next couple days. Then I was able to calm down. On most days with hydroxyzine and dayvigo i get about 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I dont think they really do a whole lot but just give me a psychological push that I will sleep. Insomnia is my last symptom I have. I will get a jolt of energy before I fall asleep but it is short lived for the most part now. Any thoughts of what I should do? Am I doing the right things? I try to workout still and I go to the sauna every night a couple hours before bed too. I think it helps.

Hello @[Jo...] - As you know insomnia is a very common in withdrawal.  At 3 months since you jumped off temazepam you're still pretty early in withdrawal and your system is working hard to re-establish equilibrium. One of the maddening but typical aspects of withdrawal is how erratic it is - a good example is that you were sleeping 7 hours a week and a half ago but now it's shifted to maybe 4-5 hours.   

It can take a while for normal sleep to return after benzos.  In the meantime I know it makes it incredibly hard to cope.  It sounds like you've been doing many good things to give yourself the best conditions for healing.  But again, sometimes the bottom line is your system needs time to heal.  Here is a link to a good resource with ideas for coping with insomnia.  I hope it's helpful.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replying. I know it takes time but I made the mistake that since I was only on temazepam for two months that I wouldn’t have withdrawals to long. The only withdrawl I have left is insomnia and I don’t know if that’s a good sign or not. I have depression but it’s because im not sleeping well and I can’t be like my old self in the gym and live a healthy life. I was a gym rat before all of this and I just got my personal training certification too. I get scared that hydroxyzine and dayvigo is hindering my healing. I have cut dayvigo down from 10 to 5mgs so I guess that’s a success. I just want to get off the hydroxyzine sooner rather than later. Do you or anyone else think that hydroxyzine or dayvigo is hindering my healing? There is apart of me that feels like I should just cut them out supposedly both medications don’t have withdrawal symptoms. I don’t want to be on anything and be able to sleep nautically again so bad as I’m sure everyone on here feels the same way