Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Needing to vent

I am in a pissed off state of mind battling these anger issues. When I watch the News in the morning And there is someone that has died due to an overdose of fentanyl they say that they had made had made A bad choice, and it is tragic when anyone loses their life. But what about the untold number of people that lose their life each year to a medication ( benzodiazepines )that was prescribed to them from a doctor and if they don’t lose their life, they’re nervous system is damaged for many years to come, if not permanently and think of the family and the friends that are impacted many of our family members and friends are pushed away. but yet this drug is prescribed worldwide every day . I’m just pissed off… where was my choice? Did the doctor say hey you know you could have intrusive thoughts from taking this medication and then end up in a funeral home. Or you could be housebound for years with the blinds pulled because you’re sensitive to the light and sun and only eat certain foods, then vomit all day. then get to the point where you can’t walk from one side of the house to the other have someone help you shower, muscle pains that are undescribable heart issues agoraphobia scared to answer the phone and the list continues by a 1000 fold… (where was my choice?) 

• Like 5

@[Gr...] wholeheartedly agree with you.

Nothing wrong with venting & today I feel this anger too. We put trust in people seemingly with the know how, probably took benzos in good faith to fix insomnia, anxiety, panic etc & they generally do - but only in the short term. Unfortunately, many are harmed in this process. It’s a travesty. 

I met one psychiatrist along the way who knew of the issues & told me to reduce lorazepam/switch to diazepam with intention to stop . No mention of Ashton but it was pointing me in the right direction. 
We have to be savvy, undertake our own research, albeit retrospectively, & somehow try to lift ourselves out of this chaos. But safe prescribing & proper informed consent is needed. 

• Like 1

I agree with you and have thought about this often.  It's not fair at all.  I honestly can't think about it too much because it's so messed up 

• 2 weeks later...
[re...]

Vent away I LOVE IT!!!!!:clap:

Well what drives me nuts and makes me sooooo angry about the Fentanyl crisis that I keep hearing about over and over is that it's the border this and border that and YES I can agree to an extent with this, BUT what all these news people/ stations on both sides never seem to report it was the freaking DOCTORS who started the opioid crisis to begin with. All these "vikes,percs,oxys" that the street folk call them were all prescribed LEGALLY by docs and of course Perdue Pharma had a huge hand in this disaster. And once again doctors never knew how to describe people the correct way so now you got a bunch of people looking for something stronger and stronger of course. I am not saying certain people don't have addiction tendencies cause they do, but many people become accidental addicts due to doctors in concert with big pharma. Doctors always kill the greats, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Heath Leger, Chris Cornell, Whitney, Prince, Tom Petty, Brittany Murphy Etc. It is usually that once a celebrity goes down the path of prescribed pills (especially benzos) is when they get burned the worst and go off the deep end. Usually lots of prescription pills in their system. 

[WU...]
29 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

what all these news people/ stations on both sides never seem to report it was the freaking DOCTORS who started the opioid crisis to begin with

Same with antibiotics. They say people take too many and there is a growing problem but it is the doctors overprescribing. Its not as if you can buy antibiotics on the street!

[re...]

I so agree with this WU. Strains are getting more and more resistant to the overprescribing of these as well. And especially the young children they give these to for like a cold or whatever. I never understood the intense need to inoculate the children during Covid. This was mostly and elderly, obese, health compromised population disease and yet they nuts with the children. I feel it was a control issue of power at least here in the states. They say they care about the health of even ONE person getting sick when covid was doing it's thing. But yet here we all  are in the thousands and I am sure MILLIONS worldwide really sick from these medications. 

• Like 1