Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Triggers

Hello why is everything still a trigger at 30months has anyone experienced this and got better.  Or is this me now after so long thank you.  X 

"why is everything still a trigger at 30months. Or is this me now...."

Well if it is you now then it is possible to change by finding a different point of view. I keep repeating this different point of view phrase to myself often. We can change the way we react to things and especially to people. Instead of finding things triggering I try to make them utterly boring and of no interest. Assign things a bland non-de-script colour so they no longer grab your attention, a sort of dull washed out grey

• Like 2

I think it's all in how we respond to a trigger. I'm working in that now and have Bern for awhile. I get emotional or upset in 0 to .5 seconds and have to quickly stop myself from responding. I'm irritable to say the least when symptoms are high and anything or any kind of emotion leads me to easily be triggered. So I'm practicing how I respond, telling myself to hold on, wait a minute before a response, even a response of my feelings.  Doing this also by changing my focus etc. We are in hypersensitivity mode and everything seems to be a trigger for Me, especially im these last days if tapering.  

I know dut you've been off for a long time and I'm so sorry you are still having such symptoms. 

Time is on our side abd how we use it is most important. Exposure, response and not symptoms focusing is probably what will help u in the long run.

Take care

Ns

3 hours ago, [[W...] said:

"why is everything still a trigger at 30months. Or is this me now...."

Well if it is you now then it is possible to change by finding a different point of view. I keep repeating this different point of view phrase to myself often. We can change the way we react to things and especially to people. Instead of finding things triggering I try to make them utterly boring and of no interest. Assign things a bland non-de-script colour so they no longer grab your attention, a sort of dull washed out grey

I try to make things/people that can possibly be triggering seem ridiculous. It helps) But unfortunately there are things, not too many and yet, that i can't take easy... Think need some other way to deal with them. Working on it...