Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bad Bloodwork

I actually have felt like i’m dying most of the time hardly able to do daily tasks such as showering and making food so I decided to just get a bunch of blood work done to feel better. I’m a short term user I was on for 10 weeks and have been off for my 3rd day starting today. I had some health issue symptoms before benzos but nothing this i’m not sure if they’re my last straw that’s sent me into having cfs and pem. I think i am suffering bad blood sugar crashes. i’m 23 and took accutane years ago which is a form of chemo they don’t even tell you that. A lot of things that have come back normal in the past multiple times for me a really whacky. My vitamin d is extremely low, folic acid high, b12 high, homocysteine low, C-reactive protein high, tsh moving up, ALT low, and more. I am trying to be hopeful i might recover but the fact im a short term user and the amount of stress and trauma i went through in only 10 weeks is horrendous. I actually have been going through bad issues since october so its been like 5 months of constant stress. i’ve also been sick twice since i was on the benzos one time being covid. i had symptoms of benzo w/d before benzos so my nervous system was a wreck since accutane now this on top of it. Im waiting for more results who knows what they’re gonna be 

Edited by [Br...]
  • Sad 1

@[Br...]So sorry you are struggling.  What did the doctor say about your blooodwork results?  

Did you taper off the benzo?  What benzo were you taking?  

The first few weeks/months after quitting can be very intense. 

It sounds like you have had some stressful life events recently.   Was there a specific reason why you stopped taking the benzo?

I apologize for asking so many questions!!  Just trying to get a better idea of how we can help!!!!!

My heart truly goes out to you @[Br...] I like what @[de...] is asking, and hope you can fill us all in on details of benzo use.  It can help us in sharing information that might help you, I know I would not be doing so well if it weren't for my peers here and BB.

Please stick with us, oregonlady :hug:PS try to do just one baby-step at a time, one little thing to help yourself. For me it was coming here to BB, and you are here!

@[de...] he is going to be out for a week i got all the blood work done Friday so I won’t have any answers. I did taper off the benzo i was taking ativan 3 times a day it started with once at night for sleep but then i had to go to 3 times a day because of interdose w/d that started after i tried to rapid taper and jump off after like 10 days which failed. I jumped off at .25 mg ativan. I wanted to get off sooner than later because it was causing me so much stress to be on them my brain is hardly working these days and i could barely do the math to taper and weigh and shave. They were making me very physically and mentally sick I had issues with the ativan since the first week i was on it after i donated blood after being on it a few days i had issues from there on. they have totally destroyed my memory i don’t even remeber who i was before them and im only 23 i feel like someone whacked me over the head with a bat and just nothing is left of me 

Edited by [Br...]

4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[de...] he is going to be out for a week i got all the blood work done Friday so I won’t have any answers. I did taper off the benzo i was taking ativan 3 times a day it started with once at night for sleep but then i had to go to 3 times a day because of interdose w/d that started after i tried to rapid taper and jump off after like 10 days which failed. I jumped off at .25 mg ativan. I wanted to get off sooner than later because it was causing me so much stress to be on them my brain is hardly working these days and i could barely do the math to taper and weigh and shave. They were making me very physically and mentally sick I had issues with the ativan since the first week i was on it after i donated blood after being on it a few days i had issues from there on. they have totally destroyed my memory i don’t even remeber who i was before them and im only 23 i feel like someone whacked me over the head with a bat and just nothing is left of me 

BreeB, sure you'll get over the bad time and it shouldn't take too long. Your memory will come back. Just don't be afraid of the "benzo mess" you're temporally in because of taking ativan. It's normal for you to feel this way now. All the bad things caused by the benzo must wear out by themselves but the issues you had before ativan should be sorted out separately, perhaps after the acute phase of the wd. I think you will get over them too. Good luck to you, everything is going to be ok!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

BreeB, I just reread the Ashton manual and I believe she'd say the symptoms you're experiencing are signs of progress, strange as that may seem. I know the memory loss is frightening and disturbing, but it's definitely temporary. The important thing is you are off Ativan. See what the doctor says about the blood test. It's easy to think the worst, especially when suffering from anxiety to begin with, but it might be something simple or another test might return different results. Hugs to you.

• Like 1

@[...] thank you so much i really appreciate it. i need to work on being more positive ive been really hopeless the ativan just really took over my brain 

• Like 1

@[Ad...] thank you so much it’s very kind of you. yeah i’m guessing the tests have just been a little weird due to benzos. i can’t wait for my memories to come back. so grateful to be off the ativan