Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Healing on Anti Depressants

I started to take quetiapine when i was 3 weeks out from CT. I have no need to stop it at this point as it helps me to sleep. I take a few days break once in a while. It helps me with nassau wich was a major issue for me.

Just now, [[n...] said:

I started to take quetiapine when i was 3 weeks out from CT. I have no need to stop it at this point as it helps me to sleep. I take a few days break once in a while. It helps me with nassau wich was a major issue for me.

I'm 5 months out and getting slowly better over time. Like night and day when looking back five months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Peppe, how much quetiapine do you take? Yes, i know people who used it during wd. They say it helped too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I'm prescribed 300 (long release) and 100mg at night (short release) but take breaks with the long release. That one can cause problems when stopped so that's why I take breaks.

I use to have bad Insomnia but not when taking this medicine. I can even fall asleep after I woken up and i never could that before. It also calms me down but not like a benzo. 

I don't help with that damn tinnitus though.

Hope your tinnitus will leave you alone in the end)

"My" people tapered quet as well when their sleep stabilized, very meticulously but not that long. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Yes me too. I read it's one of the symptoms that leaves last. If I would have to choose between it and vomiting/Nassau i would go for the tinnitus in a second. Trying to see it as a long but annoying friendship. 

Do you mean you'd prefer tinnitus as a noizy friend?) Me too, in comparison with headaches. I really hate them. No friendship is possible here:nono:. Do hope we'll forget all of the unwanted friends for good and rather soon)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, [[a...] said:

Who has healed on an Anti Depressant?

@[ap...], do you mean taking antidepressants to relieve wd symptoms? I has. I have been taking mirtazapine since the beginning of tapering. I can't say it completely put the symptoms out but, in my case, it did help, especially with headaches. Now i'm tapering mirt as well and a bit scared of the process)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

My question was Who has fully healed while still on an Anti Depressant, not who is taking AD'S while withdrawing? I am 20 months off but not sure about getting my AD I need to hear from someone who has healed and still on AD

34 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

My question was Who has fully healed while still on an Anti Depressant, not who is taking AD'S while withdrawing? I am 20 months off but not sure about getting my AD I need to hear from someone who has healed and still on AD

I think it's not that easy to find here such people. Those who did heal fully tend to come here less. But still possible)

I can say i know people who say they did and successfully but it's not my own experience. As far as i know they used mostly trazodone and, yes, quetiapine but it's not an antidepressant. They successfully tapered off them both in the end.

Hope someone will answer you better and more to the point. Good luck!)

• Like 1

Many people take a/d’s. Treat the symptoms such as insomnia, depression and worry about tapering later. It gets down to quality of life.

I always recommend a gene test as it will tell you exactly what your system can handle.