Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

PAWS with weight loss?

Just curious if anyone that felt better for months have had any setbacks due to losing weight. I recently started to diet and exercise and now it feels like my nervous system is revved up. Actually feeling somewhat like I did early on in my withdrawals. I can’t make any sense out of it. I’m trying to get in shape for my daughter’s wedding in a couple of months.  Anyone ever experienced this?

[Li...]

So I’m all alone with this one? 
No one with any input that may have some insight? 
I’ve been feeling better after so much suffering that I felt I’m around 80% healed. Been able to do things I haven’t been able to in some time. I’m a 56 year old man that’s in relatively good shape but due to health issues I’d gained around 20 pounds. I have a major event coming up and wanted to get back in shape so started restricting my calories and lifting weights. I went from finally being the calmest I’d been in a looong time to being back to feeling in the thick of acute withdrawals and every day it seems to be more intense. I’m not overdoing the weight lifting and I’m only doing a small workout 2 days a week. I decided to not lift for the last 10 days and I’m still getting worse. I’m wondering about toxins that may be released from the fat into my blood causing this but I can t find anything anywhere about that. I’m glad I’m the only one experiencing this and hope it’ll pass soon but I’m lost as for what to do. I’m trying my best to keep a positive spirit but I’m about defeated. It’s tearing my world apart. 

[Nu...]

My nervous system reacts to exercise. I can feel when it's time to stop, which is fairly early in the workout. It makes it hard to accomplish any exercise-related goals. I know the frustration...

Yes I still get this too. 16 months off. I can get revved during or later that day.

I always stay on the light side of pushing myself to avoid severe symptoms flares. 

Yes I think it's possible for poisons from your fat to bother you. Especially for us, more sensitive,  benzos damaged, individuals.

But you got to keep trying. Good luck.