Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo Withdrawl

Aloha

I have been prescribed Zanex for 25- Years  3.0 Mg per Day. The last 3- years switched to Valium and started the weaning process over 2 years. until I got down to 2-mg per Day then 1- the last 2- weeks. And I jumped Ship. I then started to have a post withdrawal symptoms , poor sleep only 2- hours a night , the only way I would get 4 plus hours I had to exert my self physically each day to get the best sleep possible it's been 2- Months since I stopped altogether. I feel a variety of symptoms ,  depression , insomnia , numbness in my right ear , fatigue , lack of any motivation .  

Hello @[We...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Two months is still quite early days. Many of our members still suffer from pronounced withdrawal effects at this stage. But they usually find things continue to improve over the next few months.

I suffered from terrible post-withdrawal insomnia as the direct result of ceasing use of clonazepam (I did not take it to treat insomnia). Eventually, after very protracted insomnia, my doctor prescribed hydroxyzine (Atarax/Vistaril). If taken on strictly occasional or very temporary use, it (and similar medications) can be very effective - it worked well for me, breaking me out of cycles of insomnia. The downside being that it can cause cognitive dulling and tolerance develops rapidly. For this reason, I took it strictly only as needed.

The chances are, though, your insomnia will resolve itself over the coming weeks and months. And there are even, bigger-gun treatments available too. Try not to worry about it and know there are options (other than benzodiazepines) available if needed, and the chances are it will resolve by itself anyway.

• Like 1

I think the sleep issue is universal.  Im not going to give you a time line on it.  As I believed after reading mine would be 4 to something weeks and prayed to God until I got to that point and it didn't end....but eventually it did and its okay now.