Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Zoloft

Has anyone had success starting zoloft early in in their taper? I'm currently at 7.5 mg of valium. I have been at this dose for a while now. I am also taking about 12.5 mg of amitrityline. I was hoping the zoloft would help with the depression. I have been on 12.5 mg of zoloft for 10 days now. Has it helped anyone? Thanks

10 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Has anyone had success starting zoloft early in in their taper? I'm currently at 7.5 mg of valium. I have been at this dose for a while now. I am also taking about 12.5 mg of amitrityline. I was hoping the zoloft would help with the depression. I have been on 12.5 mg of zoloft for 10 days now. Has it helped anyone? Thanks

Hi GinGin, has the zoloft helped you at all so far? That's  pretty low dose. 

I couldn't tolerate it but that's me. 

It was later in my 1st forced taper and it made my symptoms worse.

I've heard on here that valium seems to cause depression or seems to add to existing depression but I've only read this on this forum.

If it helps u thats great but it will be another med you'll have to taper unless you decide to stay on it.

You really have to listen to your body to decide for yourself. If your having depression you may need a little help. Just depends on you. 

Anyway I didn't have a very good experience with it but I knew it within 3 days.

Yes It is a low dose. Thought I would start low. Plus I have to be careful with the amitriptyline. I am just starting to feel the effects. A little increased anxiety but not awful most days...some tremors. It usually worse when I have to go somewhere but calms down once I'm in the car. I do I have a history of depression and realize I will probably have to be on something the rest of my life. Kind of how I get into this mess. Being prescribed on a benzo to get on an AD. When you get a little older meds don't work like they used to. Worked for 25 years until they didn't.

• Like 1

Just now, [[G...] said:

Yes It is a low dose. Thought I would start low. Plus I have to be careful with the amitriptyline. I am just starting to feel the effects. A little increased anxiety but not awful most days...some tremors. It usually worse when I have to go somewhere but calms down once I'm in the car. I do I have a history of depression and realize I will probably have to be on something the rest of my life. Kind of how I get into this mess. Being prescribed on a benzo to get on an AD. When you get a little older meds don't work like they used to. Worked for 25 years until they didn't.

Just now, [[G...] said:

Thank you for your response.

• Like 1