Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Am I the only one who gets this?

Hi all, Im not sure if im asking in the right place

When I'm around people, the anxiety goes up, and so does the nerve pain. Does anyone else get this as I feel like a bit of a freak, lol. 

thanks

Hello @[bu...] - You're asking in exactly the right place. A lot of us feel like this during withdrawal.  The symptoms of amped up anxiety and nerve issues are really common in withdrawal.  A lot of us feel really weird and socially awkward during withdrawal.  

It takes time for these symptoms to ease up but they will and you will feel comfortable and at ease again.  

Hi brightday and thank you for the reply so fast too

i started thinking i was a freak who could not be around people because i get this stinging nerve pain. I do notice it comes with the anxiety. I was never anxious around people like this before Benzos, so I prey that goes too. I do my best to allow and breathe into it, but earlier, I did have a little cry. then i got up and did something and it passed.  Staying in the mindset of its going to pass can be challenging when its a strong symptoms. 

This place is so friendly : )

xx

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hello @[bu...] - You're asking in exactly the right place. A lot of us feel like this during withdrawal.  The symptoms of amped up anxiety and nerve issues are really common in withdrawal.  A lot of us feel really weird and socially awkward during withdrawal.  

It takes time for these symptoms to ease up but they will and you will feel comfortable and at ease again.  

is it also normal to experience less to no anxiety at times and just pain, fatigue tinitus ect ect? is that a good thing if one disappears for a bit?

2 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Hi brightday and thank you for the reply so fast too

i started thinking i was a freak who could not be around people because i get this stinging nerve pain. I do notice it comes with the anxiety. I was never anxious around people like this before Benzos, so I prey that goes too. I do my best to allow and breathe into it, but earlier, I did have a little cry. then i got up and did something and it passed.  Staying in the mindset of its going to pass can be challenging when its a strong symptoms. 

This place is so friendly : )

xx

bugbugtoby, I'm sorry your feeling this  around people. I guess you mean being in public. I've found that for me, it's related to tension, emotion and feelings. I get anxious when I'm out and about and then it causes tension which tightens up my nerves and the stinging begins. I've learned not to focus on this or any symptoms if I can. It's tough when these symptoms are so strong, but breathing and telling myself I am safe, I am uncomfortable but I'm ok, then I look onward and change my focus and it usually subsides. It's hard not to focus on nerve pain, tension anxiety but that's where we have to practice at home changing our focus, teaching our brain that we're not going to respond to this. I've Said many times that its like a little child constantly screaming for attention, but I ignore that spoiled brat and direct my attention elsewhere. It usually works, but I agree and admit, when my symptoms are at their worst, it seems I just have to hold on for the ride and wait long enough for them to pass so I can redirect my thoughts. Being in public places and not socializing is easier for me, it's helping me with exposure. But in a private setting with people I know, that's different. 

Take care

Ns

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

ignore that spoiled brat and direct my attention elsewhere.

You’re so funny,NS!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[b...] said:

When I'm around people, the anxiety goes up, and so does the nerve pain. Does anyone else get this as I feel like a bit of a freak, lol.

Absolutely...

• Like 1