Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bind and ptsd

How do people with ptsd go in withdrawal and when they heal. I can feel a lot of my ptsd coming back

26 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

How do people with ptsd go in withdrawal and when they heal. I can feel a lot of my ptsd coming back

Hi appleeater, sorry your going thru a difficult time with ptsd and withdrawal. 

I'm not sure what your question is, how do people with ptsd go in Withdrawal? And when they heal? 

Can u explain a little more about your questions with a little more detail so whomever reads this will be better equipped to try to answer ok

Are u tapering, finished tapering?

what are u tapering off of, is it a benzo and which one?

These are questions that will be asked of you so you can receive the best possible answers to your questions ok

I'll be here if for a bit longer so I'll wait

Ns

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

Hi appleeater, sorry your going thru a difficult time with ptsd and withdrawal. 

I'm not sure what your question is, how do people with ptsd go in Withdrawal? And when they heal? 

Can u explain a little more about your questions with a little more detail so whomever reads this will be better equipped to try to answer ok

Are u tapering, finished tapering?

what are u tapering off of, is it a benzo and which one?

These are questions that will be asked of you so you can receive the best possible answers to your questions ok

I'll be here if for a bit longer so I'll wait

Ns

appleeater, it sounds like your already in withdrawal correct? 

You can feel your ptsd coming back? I think it best that someone here with more experience with withdrawal help should assist u. Keep checking back, they'll get to u ok

Take care

Ns

Just now, [[a...] said:

I am 20 months off Xa. Va. I can feel my PTSD coming back and I'm scared

Hi there, I'm so sorry your going thru this. You.said u can feel it coming back, so u know what that feels like and how u have dealt with it in the past right? 

Benzo withdrawal for some can last a couple yrs and your probably still feeling the affects of the withdrawal. Are you under a lot of stress, are u in fear of the stress, are u in fear in general? I'm not a physcologist so I don't want to add to your stress or fear. You can talk to me about how your feeling if you'd like,  I'm hear to listen.

Ok, if not I would recommend you talk with your care provider today, but I'm here if you'd like company and would like someone to talk to

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi there, I'm so sorry your going thru this. You.said u can feel it coming back, so u know what that feels like and how u have dealt with it in the past right? 

Benzo withdrawal for some can last a couple yrs and your probably still feeling the affects of the withdrawal. Are you under a lot of stress, are u in fear of the stress, are u in fear in general? I'm not a physcologist so I don't want to add to your stress or fear. You can talk to me about how your feeling if you'd like,  I'm hear to listen.

Ok, if not I would recommend you talk with your care provider today, but I'm here if you'd like company and would like someone to talk to

Appleeater I need to go now. Keep checking back, someone will see your post and chime in soon. 

Take care now ok

I'll be back tomorrow, I'm in the USA and it's very late. 

• Like 1

@[ap...] This is a good topic you mention. I believe PTSD like symptoms are a part of BIND.

I am showing classic signs of this disease, but never had problems with it before. I am not sure if classic psychotherapeutic approach is working, but depending on your functionality/stability it might be worth trying. 

Of course, I would love to know, too, what is the cause for this altered memory processing, but I really don't know per se. For me, personally, doing anything else is helping a lot. 

I actually had ptsd before benzos, but I know it's still withdrawal. I do get very frightened of the future

28 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[ap...] This is a good topic you mention. I believe PTSD like symptoms are a part of BIND.

I am showing classic signs of this disease, but never had problems with it before. I am not sure if classic psychotherapeutic approach is working, but depending on your functionality/stability it might be worth trying. 

Of course, I would love to know, too, what is the cause for this altered memory processing, but I really don't know per se. For me, personally, doing anything else is helping a lot. 

@[ap...] I would consider informing my therapist about BIND, there is quite a lot of material on the website of the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition.

I wish you all the best! And take it easy 👍🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[a...] said:

I actually had ptsd before benzos, but I know it's still withdrawal. 

I am in same position. Unfortunately, benzos are not helpful for pre existing PTSD. Treatment approach for PTSD may vary between countries but here in UK it’s therapy/EMDR and/or 1 of 2 recommended antidepressants per the NICE guidance. It’s a complicated scenario & BIC have some info about PTSD as well. 
Add in withdrawal it can become  complex. I can really relate to this. 

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 2

On 26/02/2024 at 21:04, [[K...] said:

I am in same position. Unfortunately, benzos are not helpful for pre existing PTSD. Treatment approach for PTSD may vary between countries but here in UK it’s therapy/EMDR and/or 1 of 2 recommended antidepressants per the NICE guidance. It’s a complicated scenario & BIC have some info about PTSD as well. 
Add in withdrawal it can become  complex. I can really relate to this. 

I am much better today, I really don't think anything could be worse than withdrawal