Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wet taper klonipin

I have to come off my klonipin .50 mg 2 tabs in am for obvious reasons. 
I am going to try a wet water daily taper. 
.50mg in 300ml =0.00167mg per 1 ml over 15 days 0.0025 (2.5% reduction per week), total biweekly would be 5%.  I’ve been on Klonipin for anxiety since 8/2020. 
Do you think 1) 5% is too much for two weeks? 2) 10% is too much for the month? 
At this point, I’m even thinking of a 1% reduction weekly, but not sure how many ml of water to use for .50mg.  Or should I do the full 1mg taper of 1% weekly?  I still don’t know how much ml of water or how much would be in 1 ml to taper.  

I am hypersensitive to most medications and allergic to many medications as well.  The worse two allergies were tetanus-coded, steroids, chest pain w/ ekg changes. 
I’m nervous these percentages of daily, biweekly, and monthly may be too much. I’m not in a race to finish quickly.  I know it takes time.  I just want to go as slowly as possible.

thank you, 

Hi @[Cs...]

I am not very savvy when it comes to the maths related to liquid tapering, but @[Li...] is extremely knowledgeable on this topic.

I can share some thoughts with you. When it comes to liquid tapering, my opinion is if you can get it compounded by a pharmacy, that is your best option, especially if you're sensitive. This way you have the best chance of eliminating most of the pittfalls of DIY home brews. Here is a stability-tested formula used by pharmacists that you can give your doctor and your pharmacist to use if you choose this option:

https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/-/media/nch/specialties/pharmacy/compounding-formulas/clonazepam-oral.ashx

If you do want to make your own home liquid, I would suggest you also use the same formula as provided in the link. It uses OraPlus instead of water. Personally I think it's better to follow the example of pharmacists than what we lay people try at home. You get OraPlus on Amazon. With this method the suspension can stay in the fridge for up to 60 days. With a water taper you would have to discard your suspension every 2-3 days. 

I think at a dose of 1mg you can start with 5% cuts every two weeks. That in my opinion is a very reasonable starting point and theoretically you should remain functional. Starting with 5% every two weeks and trying it for 2-3 cuts, we can then look and re-evaluate once we see how you react to these cuts.

Let me know what you think about the options I've mentioned. 

On 25/02/2024 at 23:56, [[j...] said:

Hi @[Cs...]

I am not very savvy when it comes to the maths related to liquid tapering, but @[Li...] is extremely knowledgeable on this topic.

I can share some thoughts with you. When it comes to liquid tapering, my opinion is if you can get it compounded by a pharmacy, that is your best option, especially if you're sensitive. This way you have the best chance of eliminating most of the pittfalls of DIY home brews. Here is a stability-tested formula used by pharmacists that you can give your doctor and your pharmacist to use if you choose this option:

https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/-/media/nch/specialties/pharmacy/compounding-formulas/clonazepam-oral.ashx

If you do want to make your own home liquid, I would suggest you also use the same formula as provided in the link. It uses OraPlus instead of water. Personally I think it's better to follow the example of pharmacists than what we lay people try at home. You get OraPlus on Amazon. With this method the suspension can stay in the fridge for up to 60 days. With a water taper you would have to discard your suspension every 2-3 days. 

I think at a dose of 1mg you can start with 5% cuts every two weeks. That in my opinion is a very reasonable starting point and theoretically you should remain functional. Starting with 5% every two weeks and trying it for 2-3 cuts, we can then look and re-evaluate once we see how you react to these cuts.

Let me know what you think about the options I've mentioned. 

I feel bad begging the same at each post but PLEASE, anyone, help with the details in the document and where and how to use the tools to get a good solution. Thanks.