Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

People who've been off a couple years +

After I got sick I really got f'd

Was wondering if anyone has had a set back that weakened their limbs or caused visual issues like blurry vision, off balance-ness, muscle pain,  nerve issues in the face, I kind of feel like I've got dead limbs, autonomic issues came back like tachycardia,  stomach upset,  can't handle stress, super tired , tired after eating.  I want to neuro, just all seemed alot for just a hit from benzo damage, but no idea.  Anyone else ? No one ever replies so I'll just assume that no one will but thought I'd ask .

People might not reply not because they don’t care but because they’re not that far out. Have you looked at Success Stories recently? Maybe you’ll find something there.

All of your symptoms definitely sound w/d that most experience, so you’re not alone.

Keep going! I hope a window opens for you TOMORROW!

9 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Was wondering if anyone has had a set back that weakened their limbs or caused visual issues like blurry vision, off balance-ness, muscle pain,  nerve issues in the face, I kind of feel like I've got dead limbs, autonomic issues came back like tachycardia,  stomach upset,  can't handle stress, super tired , tired after eating.  I want to neuro, just all seemed alot for just a hit from benzo damage, but no idea.  Anyone else ? No one ever replies so I'll just assume that no one will but thought I'd ask .

I've felt much of that during withdrawals and now that I'm about 10 months out. Can't speak to being a few years out, of course. Hope you feel better...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[N...] said:

I've felt much of that during withdrawals and now that I'm about 10 months out. Can't speak to being a few years out, of course. Hope you feel better...

Are you struggling at 10? I was, I hadn't healed because of the ct but was going pretty good in comparison to what I'm having now. 

1 hour ago, [[F...] said:

Are you struggling at 10? I was, I hadn't healed because of the ct but was going pretty good in comparison to what I'm having now. 

Hi @[Fo...]. I feel better but struggle in many areas. I'm almost bordering on unemployable but work at a place that's very compassionate. I couldn't work anywhere else because of how my body reacts to stress.

Hang in there. These things seem to ebb and flow but they'll recede at some point. I know it's hard to keep the faith, but keep your head up. You'll see progress.

Hi foxclover

I am sitting in my chair now, so weak and lethargic. The dizziness comes and goes also the blurred vision comes and goes. The muscle tightness is horrible but the worst being in the lower abdomen. I depend on my wife for basically everything, simple tasks such as replacing a washer or shining a pair of shoes I procrastinate and dread. I hate and avoid any type of Confrontation or anxiety. My memory is shot.

I hope you get some relief soon. After 14 years of Klonopin and 4 years out I was hoping for better. Music 60

• Like 2

I am 18 months out. And I get triggered into a wave of symptoms every single time I get sick …. 

• Like 1

On 24/02/2024 at 16:10, [[F...] said:

Sounds like you were poisoned.

Thanks for 

5 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Hi foxclover

I am sitting in my chair now, so weak and lethargic. The dizziness comes and goes also the blurred vision comes and goes. The muscle tightness is horrible but the worst being in the lower abdomen. I depend on my wife for basically everything, simple tasks such as replacing a washer or shining a pair of shoes I procrastinate and dread. I hate and avoid any type of Confrontation or anxiety. My memory is shot.

I hope you get some relief soon. After 14 years of Klonopin and 4 years out I was hoping for better. Music 60

Hey, I'm sorry music, I understand how you feel, I also avoid anything confrontational and have alot of dread for things too.  ❤️

2 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I am 18 months out. And I get triggered into a wave of symptoms every single time I get sick …. 

Appreciate this. Thank you

@[Fo...] my theory is that when we get sick it causes inflammation to our cells. Which then triggers our very sensitive CNS into a wave of dysregulation. I have also found this to be true on very hot days. My symptoms increase 

Edited by [Ti...]
  • Like 1

@[Fo...] - I'm so sorry you're going through this. What you're describing sounds a lot like post-viral symptoms from covid. It's pretty indistinguishable from benzo withdrawal. The may symptoms of long covid are listed at the bottom of the page here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects/index.html 

I agree with @[Ti...] above that it could be inflammation driven. Covid causes a lot of inflammation, which can trigger an increase in mast cell activity, which may be the same mechanism behind protracted withdrawal. A search here on "MCAS" will provide more info. 

Hope this is helpful. 

• Like 1