Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lack of Tinnitus for 3.5 hours lastnight!

4 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

My came as a Christmas present in the acute and still have it 5 months later. No I will check them out. I looked at some YouTube tinnutus vids but those are bad. Waterfalls and other white noise sources. When my tinnitus was at it's worse I put my head under the kitchen fan for some masking. It has the same tone and crispy noise as the tinnutus. I might record it and put it on replay and listen to it with headphones lol.

I check out the apps you using @[or...] :)

Good for you Peppe, the app is so handy, I had to travel and stay in a hotel so you can bet my phone was with me, I carry it more for the app than I do for the phone calls :D

2 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Good for you Peppe, the app is so handy, I had to travel and stay in a hotel so you can bet my phone was with me, I carry it more for the app than I do for the phone calls :D

It works good then! I definitely try it out. I would need something when in bed as I can't bring the kitchen fan with me there :)

Exactly, something very portable works for me ;) @[pe...] (y) there are several apps, free ones, and neither of mine have ads. I can run mine all night and still have 90% battery left, not so on my old Android, but only down about 20% ;)

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

"I would need something when in bed as I can't bring the kitchen fan with me there" 

Ah, but you could take your bed into the kitchen!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

"I would need something when in bed as I can't bring the kitchen fan with me there" 

Ah, but you could take your bed into the kitchen!

:2funny:

good idea @[WU...]

• Like 1

ok, we gotta get back on track, and that means me too ;)

I've noticed just this a.m. that my Tinnitus has lessened after being up for awhile, and using my app.  It makes me wonder if the gentle but masking sound, really calms me down, which I notice any high emotion, stress, or anger, ramps my Tinnitus up bigtime!  It's either it calms me or it stops me hearing the ringing, so it turns it down almost, like a button on the remote. 

See I do believe it's all in my head, not my ears ;)

3 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Mine is back, but I marked on my calendar the date when it was literally gone for that 3.5 hours.  It was in the evening.  My sleep has improved from 1-2 hours of sleep to 5-6.  Lastnight I got 8 1/2 hours, woke up once at 12 something, went to the bathroom, and back to sleep. Well, I mean I first went back to bed :D and fell asleep, no race-brain like usual. I've been on latest taper for 5 days.  I'd started sleeping better before that as well.

I need to keep better track, but since we are all different, keeping track is more for myself, but still can give others more hope :)  I'll start another thread in "Health Matters" on the sleeping-bombs I've been making, keto/low-carb friendly if anyone wants to see the recipe, oregonlady, hope, love, encouragement to all :hug:

Oregonlady, wow! 3.5 hours without tinnitus! I can't even remember what it's like.. 

It's a pure heaven to wake up and fall asleep again without all the usual benzo-mess. I used to love it, the feeling is so nice, dreamy and soft. Lucky you!)

And you do give hope even just by being positive as you are😊

• Like 1

Hi @[...],  as many know, I'm not always bubbling over with a positive attitude, but each of us will have those better days, and I know I do go over the top cherishing them, and extreme other direction in a wave ;)  Woo'ee, what a ride! ❤️❤️❤️ Denise alias oregonlady

• Love 1

4 hours ago, [[W...] said:

"I put on some hardcore techno in my phone to mask it now"

Good god man, that is even worse than the tinnitus! 

Not too funny but it made me laugh. it was the first thought that came to me)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As for me, the funniest thing about tinnitus while withdrawing is, however torturous it is, it sounds nicer than lots of outer noises, especially loud or lingering ones. And, Denise, i can't listen to music now either. It's too worrying for me🥺

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

That sucks.

Yes, it does, but, at least, i don't run away any more if i happen to hear loud music. Hope it'll pass)

• Like 1

I had my Tinnitus come back day before yesterday.  I didn't get all upset because I didn't "not" think it was going to happen.  I hate to think I'm not a hopeful person, and I'm not, I do have hope it will continue to change for the better. 

Funny thing about that, yesterday I was home except for one walk for 40 minutes out in the sunshine we have had last couple or so days.  Came home, didn't notice any high-pitch, didn't need my app it was so faint all day.  Then bedtimes came and I had to decide if I even needed the app, it was so faint.  I opted to use it though, I was just covering the bases in case it ramped up.

I woke up every 2 hours, which usually spikes my tinnitus, no change, still hardly heard it.  All night that happened.  I got up at 6:30 with only a few hours sleep, maybe 3 or 4 altogether.  It started spiking up to it's level of about an 8 I'd say, so now my app is needed for sure.

Something is changing though, I wish I knew what but I somehow think that it will continue to change, and for the better.  I'll keep up here for those truly suffering with Tinnitus.  I hadn't had a night, ever since I got the Tinnitus, where I had it stay quiet even on awakening, oregonlady :hug:

PS Just a thought, but I am super careful to only use the app (turn it up) to the point of masking the ringing, which is a steady, non-stop ring.  That's why music/movies don't help me much, they aren't a steady tone. Hope that makes sense

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1