Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lack of Tinnitus for 3.5 hours lastnight!

1 minute ago, [[A...] said:

I can't remember, are u done tapering?  Im 4 months post jump and my only sxs of note are t and a bit of cognitive.   But the t is overwhelming a lot of the time.

Yes I jumped 10 days ago.  It’s all in my history.  Some say I went too fast, but seemed reasonable.  I know everyone is different.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I go through those really bad times too, I'm sorry if I wasn't more sympathetic because I do have so many regrets at times, I can cry off and on all day over things I wish had been done different :hug:

No no ur fine.  It’s all on me 🙏

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I have Alexa playing cicadas (sleep sound) 24/7 in 4 rooms of my house.  However, I find that when Im not at home, I get a bit anxious not having that sound.  Ive started using my ear buts to play music when Im out.  Oddly, regarding spouses, after complaining to my spouse about my T, he told me that he has it too and just had never mentioned it.  Its not as bad, loud and persistent as mine but it give me a bit of comfort knowing he gets it.  Sometimes we even compare....  "how's your T today?"   and I always win.  He isn't immobilized by his however and he's done a great job.  His is from loud music back in the day tho.  Life is weird.

That's so excellent to have an understanding spouse Alexa :hug:Everyone handles there differently, I have a 98 year old neighbor that never mentioned hers, but did when I told her about mine.  She I think, adapted to hers as I've done.  I didn't intentionally do that, it just happened as I starting realizing it just wasn't bothering me, but was still as loud.  If it spikes badly, it's pretty annoying and even scares me it will stay that way, but I don't believe it will.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

That's so excellent to have an understanding spouse Alexa :hug:Everyone handles there differently, I have a 98 year old neighbor that never mentioned hers, but did when I told her about mine.  She I think, adapted to hers as I've done.  I didn't intentionally do that, it just happened as I starting realizing it just wasn't bothering me, but was still as loud.  If it spikes badly, it's pretty annoying and even scares me it will stay that way, but I don't believe it will.

But u believe you're healing. That's awesome..

Edited by [Al...]

8 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Have you found anything that you believe helped you?  I know a lot of things hav e been discussed re. diet, exercise and supplements.  You have talked about keto etc.

I believe all those things helped me, but the first thing was learning that a sound-app could mask the sound of the ringing, which I have two that work for different pitches or tones.  I have a couple, but the two apps cover them.  One is called Chrome Doze, in my Google Play, but sure Iphone store has it too most likely, and the other is called Whist, I think I have that right, yep, checked that's write on spelling ;)

I take basic vitamins, I could talk more about those in Alternative forum, as well as nutrition.  I guess Tinnitus does recovery, or any freedom from does cover a lot of the way I eat etc.

I really think the best thing is the distraction, doing other things.  My anxiety, boredom, depression, sadness stressing out how to write decent posts and replies :2funny: Can make mine ramp up like now, I need a break.  I'll take a shower, possibly another workout with my video. The we have a sunny day here I want to get out and enjoy a little, probably an easy walk :) hugs to all, see you later, I'll be back ;) oregonlady :hug:

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

I am also having ear pain and pressure and head tigtness and heaviness and fog.  The combination of these with the T is maddening 

I know exactly where you’re coming from 🫂

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

But u believe you're healing. That's awesome..

I believe it one day and the next I’m completely convinced I’m stuck like this. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

I believe it one day and the next I’m completely convinced I’m stuck like this. 

@[wi...] I know a 100 % where you are coming from. It is so weird. 

I wonder if that is a symptom in itself🤷

@[or...] I would appreciate it if you updated us about the changes in your tinnitus. I somehow have the gut feeling that this is a very good sign indeed. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[wi...] I know a 100 % where you are coming from. It is so weird. 

I wonder if that is a symptom in itself🤷

@[or...] I would appreciate it if you updated us about the changes in your tinnitus. I somehow have the gut feeling that this is a very good sign indeed. 

I will do my best, I doubt I will forget to let you know here.  It's back to very loud right now, but as I mentioned, I am not so intimidated by it now.  In fact, honestly taking a walk in our beautiful weather we're having today didn't change how loud it is but it did distract for a time ;)

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, [[o...] said:

It was the weirdest thing as I've had tinnitus (ringing in the ears) 24/7 for about 11-12 years now, but it literally stopped lastnight (35 years on C 1mg)!

I almost felt like something was wrong I've become so accustomed to it.  I just knew right away, and didn't even hope is was gone forever, it did return but so low I could hardly hear it.  It felt so odd not to have it, I think if it was truly gone forever it would take such an adjustment for me.  Not that I don't hope for not having to use an app on my phone beside me whenever I'm at home alone, but like I said, I'm so accustomed to the sound of my app.

I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be comfortable with something that is so abnormal, I don't like being different, not with weird things I have to use weird apps to get through a night especially. 

Has anyone experienced permanent healing from Tinnitus when tapering, or finally jumping off Benzos?  I don't recall ever hearing that here on BB, but like I say, I have so learned to live with this, it really doesn't matter so much that I ever "don't have it".  Also anyone that had it so long as I have? oregonlady

I'm just under the halfway point on my taper btw ;)

Oregonlady,  celebrate the good stuff!

8 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Oregonlady,  celebrate the good stuff!

I do for sure and I am looking forward to the next time it goes away!! :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, [[o...] said:

It was the weirdest thing as I've had tinnitus (ringing in the ears) 24/7 for about 11-12 years now, but it literally stopped lastnight (35 years on C 1mg)!

I almost felt like something was wrong I've become so accustomed to it.  I just knew right away, and didn't even hope is was gone forever, it did return but so low I could hardly hear it.  It felt so odd not to have it, I think if it was truly gone forever it would take such an adjustment for me.  Not that I don't hope for not having to use an app on my phone beside me whenever I'm at home alone, but like I said, I'm so accustomed to the sound of my app.

I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be comfortable with something that is so abnormal, I don't like being different, not with weird things I have to use weird apps to get through a night especially. 

Has anyone experienced permanent healing from Tinnitus when tapering, or finally jumping off Benzos?  I don't recall ever hearing that here on BB, but like I say, I have so learned to live with this, it really doesn't matter so much that I ever "don't have it".  Also anyone that had it so long as I have? oregonlady

I'm just under the halfway point on my taper btw ;)

@[or...], this is great news!) Tinnitus can be really maddening. And i understand you can kind of miss it... Hope you'll get used to this "issue" - lack of tinnitus🙂

Mine was the cause of complete sleeplessness, which lead to me taking benzos about 6 years ago... The inner noise wasn't gone but, at least, i didn't care and slept. I'm also used to it and now don't pay attention to the "orchestra' inside my brain. But it grew much louder during the wd, with its ups and downs. I don't expect it to ever disappear completely bc the WD isn't responsible, though do hope it'll sound quieter. 

By the way, i've heard from people who claim the tinnitus caused by benzo wd left them completely but can't say for sure. Good luck with your taper. May it go smoothly!)🌷

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

Mine is back, but I marked on my calendar the date when it was literally gone for that 3.5 hours.  It was in the evening.  My sleep has improved from 1-2 hours of sleep to 5-6.  Lastnight I got 8 1/2 hours, woke up once at 12 something, went to the bathroom, and back to sleep. Well, I mean I first went back to bed :D and fell asleep, no race-brain like usual. I've been on latest taper for 5 days.  I'd started sleeping better before that as well.

I need to keep better track, but since we are all different, keeping track is more for myself, but still can give others more hope :)  I'll start another thread in "Health Matters" on the sleeping-bombs I've been making, keto/low-carb friendly if anyone wants to see the recipe, oregonlady, hope, love, encouragement to all :hug:

• Like 1

Must have been very nice!

I have to stop reading about it i mostly don't think about it but as fast i see the word tinnitus i hear it lol.

I put on some hardcore techno in my phone to mask it now :D

• Like 1

Yes, distracting from it is my best-friend ;)  I totally agree, I wanted to share what happened but I was paying too much attention to it as well :)

• Like 1

Just now, [[o...] said:

Yes, distracting from it is my best-friend ;)  I totally agree, I wanted to share what happened but I was paying too much attention to it as well :)

It's hard to distract from it. My tv is on full volume and so is the kitchen fan. That works good. When going to bed and waking up is the hardest, tinnutus wise.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Mine is back, but I marked on my calendar the date when it was literally gone for that 3.5 hours.  It was in the evening.  My sleep has improved from 1-2 hours of sleep to 5-6.  Lastnight I got 8 1/2 hours, woke up once at 12 something, went to the bathroom, and back to sleep. Well, I mean I first went back to bed :D and fell asleep, no race-brain like usual. I've been on latest taper for 5 days.  I'd started sleeping better before that as well.

I need to keep better track, but since we are all different, keeping track is more for myself, but still can give others more hope :)  I'll start another thread in "Health Matters" on the sleeping-bombs I've been making, keto/low-carb friendly if anyone wants to see the recipe, oregonlady, hope, love, encouragement to all :hug:

@[or...] I’d love to have your recipes for sleeping bombs.

• Like 1

Tinnitus from withdrawal is a weird mechanism! I never had it before acute. I think it's the brain  that is in chock and totally in on-mode.

"I put on some hardcore techno in my phone to mask it now"

Good god man, that is even worse than the tinnitus! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

It's hard to distract from it. My tv is on full volume and so is the kitchen fan. That works good. When going to bed and waking up is the hardest, tinnutus wise.

Peppe, have you tried a phone-app??  Mine, well, I'm dependent on it.  The sound of it can be irritating for some but it masks my Tinnitus so well.  All I need is my phone app. I don't listen to loud music, only sort of comforting sounds on my TV like rain falling, or light winds, but they don't mask the T. 

Depending on cause of our Tinnitus, if it's from too loud music like my brother and his band for example, then the loudness could harm us further.  Just my opinion, but have read others experience as well.

I have to apps that I use, Chrome Doze (android but maybe IOS as well) and Whist App, it's actually called a Tinnitus App, oregonlady ;) PS I could not handle going to bed without my app, except the one, single night I made this thread about. I did have to turn my app on but just a little as the Tinnitus came back but very, very low ;)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Hahaha!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Well try something gentle but effective!!  Only adjust the volume to where it masks the Tinnitus.  Try Chrome Doze or Whist might work for you.  Music didn't work for me because it changes instruments, like the piano, omg, that was horrible for me.  Find an app that masks but is comforting, slap slap, lol!!

46 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

8 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Peppe, have you tried a phone-app??  Mine, well, I'm dependent on it.  The sound of it can be irritating for some but it masks my Tinnitus so well.  All I need is my phone app. I don't listen to loud music, only sort of comforting sounds on my TV like rain falling, or light winds, but they don't mask the T. 

Depending on cause of our Tinnitus, if it's from too loud music like my brother and his band for example, then the loudness could harm us further.  Just my opinion, but have read others experience as well.

I have to apps that I use, Chrome Doze (android but maybe IOS as well) and Whist App, it's actually called a Tinnitus App, oregonlady ;) PS I could not handle going to bed without my app, except the one, single night I made this thread about. I did have to turn my app on but just a little as the Tinnitus came back but very, very low ;)

My came as a Christmas present in the acute and still have it 5 months later. No I will check them out. I looked at some YouTube tinnutus vids but those are bad. Waterfalls and other white noise sources. When my tinnitus was at it's worse I put my head under the kitchen fan for some masking. It has the same tone and crispy noise as the tinnutus. I might record it and put it on replay and listen to it with headphones lol.

I check out the apps you using @[or...] :)

12 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hahaha!!

LOL, I at first thought I had to drown it out with something way louder, but that didn't make sense in that I didn't know for sure if my my music and being out in loud concerts and bars did it.  So I've learned to treat my ears, and whole body, very gently.  And the steadier the sound, the better for me.