Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

has anyone reinstated

hi guys..  ive been tapering 3 years . i was down to the last .1 mg of generic klonopin.  i was doing really well and about 1 month ago i was hit with very intense pysical symptoms.  i have been in hell since.   i know getting off these pills is what i want more than anything,  i just dont know if im being realistic.  my life is a nightmare right now.  i am thinking of going back on, but im afraid they wont work anymore.  any input would be greatly apprecoated~~jill

I reinstated and regret it dearly. You risk kindling you also risk it not working, having to taper again once you stabilize-which can take up to 3 months-and risk much worse withdrawals.

However, some do such as Emma Saunders, very successfully. I would suggest you Google her and get in contact. She’s extremely nice and free.

• Love 1

no..  i was down to .1 mg and horible pysical symtoms just came on all at once.  ive had them now all month.  well actually, they came on a month ago. i waited it out for 2 weeks rgen when to the hospital.  my ekg came back abnormal.   so they gave me ativan because i became panniked.  after the ativan, next ekg came back normal.  they kept me there and did every heart test .  no heart issues so they sent me home.  ive been home for about 2 weeks feeling better and then last night crazy pysical symptoms are back.  i did updose slightly when i came home from the hospita;l

So you're asking about updosing? If you're struggling and you feel you need to updose then I don't see a problem with that. I don't believe in unnecessary suffering. You can taper down again. Being off is the first step but recovery can take a long time. You want to be as stable as possible when you jump. Updosing is not guaranteed to work but if you're struggling I think it's worth a try.

• Like 2

I updosed twice after rapid tapering and it helped tremendously. I became functional again. I know you didn't rapid, but yes I did it myself twice.

• Like 1

last night every time i would start to fall asleep, i would get this bizare feeling all though my body right out my fingertips of like sizzling or spazing.  i cant explain it, just that it was terrifing.  and i gotten the burning skin before but i have the prickling feeling all over my body, like im wearing a bodysuit mage of pine needles

thank you @[je...].  i dont know if i'll be able to continue.   i was feeling pretty good throughout for the most part.  but this is too much for me now.   i dont know how people suffer like this all the way down.  i wont be able to do that.  im too old for this torture

• Like 1

When I felt so sick I also got to the point where I just didn't care anymore. I updosed because I didn't care about anything the pain was too much. Maybe try a 0.125mg updose and then hold there for as long as you want. 

• Like 4

I updosed before I ever got to this site and the doctor had tapered me off way too fast in 3 months I was from my 1 mg I was down to  .25 and I had some sort of seizure my whole left side went numb for 3 days and I was in the emergency room taking all the tests but anyway the doctor recommended that I go back on my 1 mg so he just okayed it and I didn't know much about tapering at the time so I just went back to my 1 mg and I was fine to be honest I didn't have any further complaints about how I was feeling I was living my life but I really wanted to get off the clonazepam I didn't want to live the rest of my life taking a drug it was horrible having to go and get it filled at rite aid every single month and I just really felt like a drug addict so I wanted off and I ended up finding BB, if I was in that situation again I would do the same thing again I would updose. I don't know what your original dose was your prescription so I don't know anything about how much you might updose too I know I went from point 25 back to 1 mg and like I said I was okay with that. That's up in my history if you want to read it Oregonlady 💕💕💕

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

hello @[or...]  going to the drs and pharnacy always to get my presciption filled was also a big part of why i wanted to get off these pills.  i started at 1.0 mg twixe a day.  im was down to 0.1mg twice a day.  this horrible setback has really put me in a terrible state.  so many crazy things going on with my body right now.  i have updosed slightly to 0.2 twice a day.  imay have to go higher.  im trying to wait it out for now. this whole thing has me feeling like i have a chronic disease and i will never be well again.  its very disheartning to get down so low and then to be hit so hard with bizare symptoms.   congratulations to you on your successful taper so far.  wishing you all the best    prayers for all of us  ~~~jill

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

hello @[or...]  going to the drs and pharnacy always to get my presciption filled was also a big part of why i wanted to get off these pills.  i started at 1.0 mg twixe a day.  im was down to 0.1mg twice a day.  this horrible setback has really put me in a terrible state.  so many crazy things going on with my body right now.  i have updosed slightly to 0.2 twice a day.  imay have to go higher.  im trying to wait it out for now. this whole thing has me feeling like i have a chronic disease and i will never be well again.  its very disheartning to get down so low and then to be hit so hard with bizare symptoms.   congratulations to you on your successful taper so far.  wishing you all the best    prayers for all of us  ~~~jill

You're going to get there @[ji...] I just know by your attitude and think you are so right on just to add a little more at a time.  Some doctors just don't know, and it's hard to explain to them and trust they really understand.  I would guess some have been through it themselves, but may hesitate to share that with a patient. I don't know why that came to my head, but a lot of things come into my brain I don't get at all ;)

One thing we both know I think is that there will always be someone here that understands because they've been through similar, oregonlady :hug:There's no shame in reinstating/updosing, and taking our time with our tapers.  Like they always say, listen to our bodies.  I am so grateful for both of us that we still have the option to have our benzo so that we "can" taper, updose, etc.  Some of our decisions about it are very hard, and it's easy for me to feel like a failure, but that's a lie, and neither are you :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

No shame on reinstating or updosing. Do what you feel you need to, like jelly baby, I don’t believe in unnecessary suffering. It’s smart to updose slowly. I updosed by a large amount (psychiatrist’s orders) and I felt better for two weeks maximum before the symptoms came back. I hope you don’t go into tolerance like me but even if you do, you can still heal. I’ve been thinking about updosing a bit more myself as I’ve been having the sweats and mild psychosis. I wish the best for you no matter what you decide and we are always here for you. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 23/02/2024 at 16:23, [[j...] said:

no..  i was down to .1 mg and horible pysical symtoms just came on all at once.  ive had them now all month.  well actually, they came on a month ago. i waited it out for 2 weeks rgen when to the hospital.  my ekg came back abnormal.   so they gave me ativan because i became panniked.  after the ativan, next ekg came back normal.  they kept me there and did every heart test .  no heart issues so they sent me home.  ive been home for about 2 weeks feeling better and then last night crazy pysical symptoms are back.  i did updose slightly when i came home from the hospita;l

jillybean, how much Ativan and for how many days did the er give it to u? 

• Like 1

Jilly

I was on k for 32 years. I can only say that I’m at 25 mos and life is so much better. I did a 10 then cold Turkey. It was absolute hell. Even at my worst I never did upside. Hang in there a you will get through it. When you did get relief you will be glad you didn’t reinstate. This crap does pass. I never thought it would but it does. Life is coming back more and more all the time. Keep clean!  I hope you feel better!  

• Love 1

@[Ra...] SO SO happy to hear that life is much better for you!!

I first DM’d you hear almost 2 years ago…

Couldn’t be happier to learn this today. Are you ready to write a Success Story?? 

Edited by [Ma...]

Mary

Thank you for the kindness. Yes we did chat a little some time back. I think I’m there. Im Still working on me. These are the reasons that I took klonopin. I’m so much better though. As time goes by I feel better and better!

Ranch

• Like 1
  • Love 1

HI jillybean,

I was slowly tapering with no major issues until I got down to a very low dose .05 mg of valium per day that is only .35 of 1 mg per week ! This is because I never got higher than 5 mg of valium per week but took it for 10 years. Then suddenly out of the blue all of the severe symptoms came back, night sweats, back pain, depression etc. My wife and I decided to stay at that level whereas I had been dropping each week to a slightly lower amount. I suffered a lot from that and was shocked that this would happen out of the blue so close to the end of my ong taper.

I developed a severe health problem at that point and it almost killed me called vasculitis. It was real.

Not sure if it was entirely triggered by the withdrawal, or covid vaccine or the death of my son by suicide 6 months prior or a combination of factors.

Anyway I was treated for this eventually and I stayed at this level for 2 months. Then as I started to feel better, made the next cut with lots of trepidation but no issues. Now I am down to .17 mg per week and will end my taper hopefully Jun 1 2024. A 4 year journey to get out of this nightmare. I do feel much better today. Depression is so much better. 

As far as your question, I would do the updose if it stopped your symptoms, but only go up a little as you will have to go back down eventually. 

Then stay for a few weeks at that level and then consider tapering very slowly from that point.

I initially planned to get off in 1 year. Now I am going over 3 years but will be done hopefully in 3.5 Years. 

The good thing is going super slow has really worked for me outside of that one big episode. My theory is when you get to smaller amounts, the percentage being cut is larger and therefore you should consider waiting longer between each cut to let your body adapt.

Good luck to you !

• Like 2

Hi Jill
sorry that you’re going through such a rough patch right now. I cannot speak from much experience because I am doing a lot of learning myself right now. you have done a small up Dose and you are concerned whether it will work or not. I have read on this site somewhere that when you don’t know what to do it is best to do nothing. Hold tight and give the updose a chance.

When you do finally stabilize and feeling like you’re ready to start tapering again I would consider getting a new prescription.This way you are not concerned about its potency. And if you get .5 mg tablets it will be much easier to weigh and make smaller reductions. You’re getting close to the end. You might have to slow things way down.

hang in there we are Jersey Strong!

• Love 1