Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Skin radiating heat!

Has anybody experienced radiating heat from their skin? While going through withdrawal? I not talking about burning skin sensations. I am talking about literally warm to the touch top of heat.

I have not started taper but am going through tolerance withdrawal. Yes, I have couple of areas on my legs where I feel heat radiating for a couple if seconds. When I touch the area, it isn't warm. 

Yeah, for some reason my legs and certain other places start to radiate heat during the evening. When this started happening I thought I was supposed to feel pain from this but, I don’t .🤔

does anyone know what is happening when skin starts radiating heat?  

18 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Yeah, for some reason my legs and certain other places start to radiate heat during the evening. When this started happening I thought I was supposed to feel pain from this but, I don’t .🤔

does anyone know what is happening when skin starts radiating heat?  

I read something about it in a post by Parker, 2012, here. A great post!) "What is happening in your brain?".

I get it sometimes when my CNS is kind of revved and sometimes in my thighs some time before they start getting prickly and itchy. It’s seems to be a stage of irritation in the skin nerve cells before burning. 

@[Jo...]

Does the heat start around sunset by chance, when our bodies hormones change?  

I’ve head of body temperature regulation being a symptom for sure.

my head, face and ears feel how on the inside but not on the surface 

@[Kr...] omg mine do!!! Most of my symptoms start then, what the heck! I also get super bad during my period so i know hormones are 100% at play for me

13 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[Kr...] omg mine do!!! Most of my symptoms start then, what the heck! I also get super bad during my period so i know hormones are 100% at play for me

Right?! Who the hell can believe this craziness unless they’ve experienced it. 
Can’t make this shit up, even though the neurologist I saw last week loosely implied that I was creating my symptoms because I have anxiety. 
it was very hurtful.

• Sad 1

Ice packs do the trick. And Tylenol, if you can handle it.

And yes, in the evening your body is transitioning and it’s normal to warm a little, we just feel it more intensely.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Ice packs do the trick. And Tylenol, if you can handle it.

And yes, in the evening your body is transitioning and it’s normal to warm a little, we just feel it more intensely.

You seem like you know so much! Are you or were you a nurse?

Thanks for posting. But Tylenol is like taking a major drug for me. 

🥰

Yah, I get this too. (Hence the name, hotcoldhotcold!) Now I'm mostly hot, radiating warmth and my skin can get SO hot! I'm always careful to wear something I can take off and put on easily because my body won't regulate to the clothes I wear or the temperature of the room. It has a mind of its own.

But I also sometimes feel water/wetness when there's no water around. Both of these symptoms are a lot lighter than they used to be, though. Still there, but lighter and lighter.

Take care!