Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam and BP Spikes plus Zero Intestinal Motility

I have severe adrenaline spikes which began right before I became physically tolerant of clonazepam. I didn’t know what I was going through but it felt like pressure in my head and neck and was accompanied with dizziness so I needed to lay down flat— bed rest. In a standing position, my diastolic is super high and I did have autonomic testing done (Tilt table test) where the doctor said I am Hyperadrenergic and have Orthostatic hypertension. Fatigue, dehydration, exhaustions, insomnia, rollercoasters, overstimulated environment can all lead to a BP spike which then requires a beta blocker. I believe the benzo tapering journey is causing my nervous system to be whack. I have to take is VERY EASY. I can’t work or drive. Anyone else? 

also, I have Zero intestinal motility meaning I have to take laxatives EVERYDAY for the past 2 years of tapering. Do benzos cause constipation and a stop to intestinal motility. I am very worried and don’t know what’s happening to my body. I am tired of taking laxatives and feeling nauseous and full. I went to see a GI doctor who just called it IBS-constipation and said benzos shouldn’t be causing 0 motility. 

I am lost. 
Started from Clonazepam 0.5mg 3 times a day to 0.25mg 2 times a day and this took 2 years of slow liquid tapper cause my body just can’t. I am 32/FM

Edited by [Ba...]
Add more detail

Love your screen name.

Gut issues won't resolve until you are completely off for a while. Digestive issues with benzos are VERY common. I would educate the doctor. Did the doctor say anything about the laxatives? Did he offer you bentyl? Any advice besides giving the symptoms a name?

I was on klon for 30 years. I got on bp meds for the BP spikes. At 16 months now. Still not considering lowering or eliminating them.(calcium channel blocker) 

I still have all your listed symptoms except the insomnia. They are subsiding in intensity over the months. I still have to take it VERY EASY too. Keep a log. It gets better. I was extremely sick when I jumped.

You're young, get off the benzos and you will heal.