Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taper "History" I still try to get right

I hope it's ok to flag you here @[Fa...] as I know I can't ask for help in private message.  You have a good way of getting through to me about the "numbers" I so struggle with so I'm hoping you might be around to see this.

I noticed a post I re-read from you, a reply to a post of mine, and felt I needed to make my Taper History easier for anyone reading, to understand.  If you take a peek at it here you'll see I added grams next to my numbers, and in bold above columns I put "Dose Weight" in bold.  I can't stop thinking whether it's better to put in Dosage mg's instead of weight of tablet/dose, maybe both?

Seems like many do theirs, just their own way, but my taper is going so well, I'd like to be able to share with others how I am doing it, but I can't unless I'm positive I'm giving them the right information.  I don't want to confuse other people struggling through this whole process of tapering. 

So many things are coming to mind as I slowly feel I'm truly getting better at re-learning things, all kinds of things!  It's been really discouraging to see what the benzo had taken from me, but like I said, I can see the healing already, or the fog lifting. 

It's more like my memory is returning, or it seems delayed at times.  I have to re-read to really get things as well. ;) I used to be able to fix software, and hardware issues on other's computers, and I can see the skills coming back just working on my own computer.  I no longer want to fix others computers though, good thing I don't have to ;) And I hear that collective sigh of relief from the world!

Ok, I'll throw this out here and see what you, or others might want to say, oregonlady

Hi, @[or...].  I'm glad to hear you are doing reasonably well (all considering).  I just took a glance at your 'History' section of your profile.  It all looks good except I might suggest you revise the quoted portion below in bold:

3/25/23   .170g dose weight (TEVA Clonazepam 1mg tablet)           
3/25/23    11% taper to .151g (cut again on my own)

I think only leaving the dose weight in your 'History' is just fine (as this is the most important information with your taper strategy).  Members/readers may do their own calculations for approximate active ingredient equivalency and/or your reduction % from previous dose with the information you have provided.  This would eliminate any well-intentioned concerns you may have regarding calculation errors or 'confusing other people' with your 'History' section of your profile.

If you ever want to confirm your approximate active ingredient (in mg), or your reduction percentage at each cut, feel free to just ask on the platform.  I am certain someone will always stop by to offer a lending hand.  Hopefully this eliminates any unnecessary worry you are 'carrying'.  Keep up the good work!

*PS - I have no experience with your taper strategy, but you may consider switching to .5mg tablets when you reach a dose weight of .085g (half of your 1mg tablet).  This is assuming you could stick with the same tablet manufacturer.  My understanding is that it is easier/more forgiving to weigh 'heavier' numbers and more difficult/less forgiving to accurately weigh 'lower' numbers.  If this is the case, I personally would want use .5mg tablets near the end of my taper, and it appears you are approaching 'as good a time as ever' to switch to .5mg tablets (at .085g dose weight).  If this last bit of information has confused you, or I am in error - I am sorry and please disregard.  You by no means need to switch to a .5mg tablet, and I certainly wouldn't suggest switching if there was a manufacturer change involved.   

• Like 1