Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

have any women on here been triggered into a wave from having their period?

have any women on here been triggered into a wave from having their period? I have PCOS as well, so extra hormones, but recently I was doing so much better then I got my period and cramps and low low mood came on. Now I feel that i'm back in a wave on anxiety.... I am rapid cycling throughout the day and evenings are always much better if not totally normal. It's the mornings and afternoons that are just so up and down. It's so hard to work or be functional. 

Oh yes, my periods used to be normal prior to benzos and got very very painful, heavy, extreme crying and dark depression few days before, some akathisia and varied between starting at 21 days ranging to starting at 34 days.

ive always been on time regular very little cramping that didn’t bother me at all, just was lucky to not have issues during my life. I was diagnosed with PMDD and adenmyosis after ultrasound and dr believes it’s from Klonopin given how benzos affect hormones etc and I never had it prior to the K. As I got lower on the taper I evened out more and it wasn’t so severe. Once off I haven’t had a period in 6 months now which is a first and we will see when it comes back.

all this to say period issues are very common during this and hormones will return to their normals after getting off the benzo and regulating.

• Like 1

Yes every single period I have a raging wave and think I won't get out of it... my husband has to remind me it's my period causing it!

@[So...] oh that’s interesting ! Also I’m sorry that happens …. How long do those waves last for you. And are those waves caused by periods getting less intense as time goes on ? Are you in your taper or done ? 

Uhm they can last anywhere from 3 days to weeks!  They are getting a but better as time goes on, last month was not too bad to the point I had SI like usual.  I'm off for 7 months!