Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

5 months out, new symptoms after puppy

I'm about 5 months out from 1 month ativan, fast taper. Most of the physical symptoms are gone, except for a strange misalignment of my jaw (chalking this up to post withdrawal TMJ, never had it before) and headaches that come and goes each week. I still have insomnia, which is what put me on the ativan to begin with, my MCAS and POTS are at Mach 1, and hormones are all over the place. Up until recently, I was having a pretty decent mental stretch. 

We got a puppy 2 weeks ago. At first, I was excited because I felt like having a dog (we already have 3 cats who I adore) would be good for me. It would challenge me to go outside of my comfort zone and get me to be more active. Instead, about a week into having her, I'm in a huge emotional wave. I'm sure it's a combination of puppy blues and withdrawals. I have pretty severe dpdr, I'm weepy every single day, and I just extreme feelings of guilt and shame. I don't want to rehome her, but I wonder if I should. 

My naturopath recommended trying lithium orotate, and I'm considering it.

What are everyone's thoughts? Power through the new stress? What can help dpdr? This is a fairly new symptom for me in terms of its severity. I literally feel like I'm in a foggy haze every day. 

Thank you all.