Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Inner severe feeling of dispair .

I have an inner strong feeling of dispair . I feel i want to cry . I dont understand what that is . Its so hard to ecplain how it is . Have any of you had that and what is it ? Is it strong anxiety or a mix of bad feelings . It feels tense in my body and shallow breathing and that dispair feeling which is the worst .

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I have an inner strong feeling of dispair . I feel i want to cry . I dont understand what that is . Its so hard to ecplain how it is . Have any of you had that and what is it ? Is it strong anxiety or a mix of bad feelings . It feels tense in my body and shallow breathing and that dispair feeling which is the worst .

I think both. I'm so sorry. Despair can be really hot and painful in any sens( 

Imo, it's the same withdrawal with its messing our brain biochemistry. The brain is supposed to sort it out itself in the end. Good healing to you!)

You don't mean the usual kind of devastating sadness, do you? How long does the feeling usually last and how often? I think i may know too well what you mean.

Edited by [...]

It may be ‘neuroemotions’-you can hit up Dr. Google. It’s awful as I too experience this.

It can last for hours . Have had it most of the day . And i have had it quite regurarly last weeks . No its worse than the usual sadness and struggle . 
How long does it last for you and how often . Can something help ?

3 hours ago, [[M...] said:

It may be ‘neuroemotions’-you can hit up Dr. Google. It’s awful as I too experience this.

Neuroemotions , how long does that last and in what stage . 

I found a site that may help with the whole neuroemotions concept:  https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/symptom/neuro-emotions It's not a link; I don't have the 'tech skills' to know how to do that, but you can cut/paste it into you search engine.  I used Safari and it turned up on Yahoo.  It's a starting point anyway.  I'm a 72 yr. old male and I have cried only a few times in my adult life, but I often find myself in a place so dark with all of this WD stuff that it just feels hopeless.  All of us just want our lives back.  

Edited by [kn...]
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, [[m...] said:

It can last for hours . Have had it most of the day . And i have had it quite regurarly last weeks . No its worse than the usual sadness and struggle . 
How long does it last for you and how often . Can something help ?

Mine was a bit different. It was shorter, no more than 15 minutes but on bad days it came over me again and again, non stop. The shallow breathing, yes, tension in the body, an uptick of pain, if i happened to be suffering from it at that moment, and the worst of all, the sucking feeling of doom and despair. I learned to wait it out but when it first came been scared to horror. Now i sometimes have a bit of the kind but no despair or doom, just the breathing and tension. It's much easier this way. Idk what can really help. In my case i just tried not to pay attention and live through it sticking to my routine. 

Sure it'll step back over time and will visit you less and less, as all wd symptoms eventually do. Just our brain coming back to normal. Speedy healing to you!

Edited by [...]

%100 despair is the word,.the feeling is unbearable,.exactly how I am to,.and it’s telling in my face,.ether frowning hard or an total empty look,.while feeling pressure in your face/head,nerves are going berserk at the same time,.getting of this crap really plays with your head to.

@[ma...] These are all very normal withdrawal symptoms.  It's unbelievably miserable when you're in the middle of it and it can feel like you're alone with these feelings but many of our members are in the middle of it just like you.  Here are links to two helpful pieces that talk about how when the brain is healing from benzos it sends out messages of doom and gloom and we can feel deeply afraid of just about everything - and it's all because the brain is working hard to recalibrate after benzos.  It's really hard while it's happening but it will ease up with time.

What is happening in your brain?

Benzo Lies that have been busted

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[ma...] These are all very normal withdrawal symptoms.  It's unbelievably miserable when you're in the middle of it and it can feel like you're alone with these feelings but many of our members are in the middle of it just like you.  Here are links to two helpful pieces that talk about how when the brain is healing from benzos it sends out messages of doom and gloom and we can feel deeply afraid of just about everything - and it's all because the brain is working hard to recalibrate after benzos.  It's really hard while it's happening but it will ease up with time.

What is happening in your brain?

Benzo Lies that have been busted

@Brighterday

thank u!

This link has enlightened m so much. I am so grateful to u and the author of this piece. 

Can I share this outside bb? I think anyone who has gone thru or in the middle of going thru or is beginning benzo withdrawal need to read this to have a full understanding of the inner workings of our brain during and after withdrawal.  This gives me so much hope, and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to have read it. Thank u sooo much!:smitten:

Edited by [ns...]
Addition

Glad it was helpful - I read it over and over again when I was in the thick of withdrawal.

13 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Can I share this outside bb?

Thanks for asking - I have a feeling not but let me check with the team.

@nsindy -  Getting back to you about your question: the material can only be shared with members of BB so if you'd like to share it with someone they would need to join.  It could also be shared with permission of the author but the author is no longer a BB member so there is no way of contacting them.  I'm glad you asked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

@nsindy -  Getting back to you about your question: the material can only be shared with members of BB so if you'd like to share it with someone they would need to join.  It could also be shared with permission of the author but the author is no longer a BB member so there is no way of contacting them.  I'm glad you asked. 

Thank brighterday, I understand it's totally so awesome to have this. I wish I could reach the author, he has an incredible take and understanding of the brain and I love that stuff especially by someone who expresses himself the way he does,  so real!

No worries, I understand 

Wish i.knew how to contact him

Thanks again for looking into this 

By now

Ns