Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need buddie friend please

13 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Hi Barb, I am SO sorry you are going through this hell and I know it is exactly that. I have a couple of close buddies here and usually only DM and haven't gotten into any forums since the site was updated- I'm not the best at tech. But I was poking around tonight. You can DM me as well. I was on paxil for over 25 years and decided to get off about 5 years ago. I got off in 2 weeks. Beyond stupid. When the bad sxs developed I didn't even know they were associated with the wd and was in the hospital once, ER twice. When it finally dawned on me after 3 months off I reinstated. I have been doing a snail's pace taper for 3 years almost exactly. I have gotten to 11.5 mg from 20 mg. No, you are 100% not crazy. It is all real. You can heal and you will get support here. This taper has been harder for me than methadone, morphine, lyrica and xanax. When I did my CT I had a medical procedure scheduled and was too weak to walk. My heart rate was 38. I didn't know it was the paxil. When I finally decided to taper again after being back on for quite some time I could not do 10% without my heart rate dropping into the 40s, short of breath, weak, all my pain issues much worse and the most horrible akathesia. And of course insomnia. Where I am now I do .1 mg cuts- yes 1/10th of a mg. And can still have sxs if they are too close together. I took a different course by reinstating but I can definitely let you know that what you are experiencing is real. Bless you- you are not alone. If you have not been directed to it- surviving antidepressants is a great place to go. I am a member there as well but had found BB easier to navigate and get support. But there is a ton of info on the other site as well. 

THANK GOD I found you!!  I will DM you