Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Irregularities and Heavy Period/ Heavy Menstruation

I am 13 months off benzo cold turkey, during this time my periods have become shorter and heavier (24-27 days, before benzo it averaged 30-32 days). I went to ob-gyn to check my uterus and found polyp (diameter 0.73cm) and myoma (diameter 3.5cm) which was causing my heavy periods. also had blood test done Hb was 9,3 slightly on the low side.

I am sensitives to medicines and supplements but still i tried maltover once but then i got depression and fear for 5 days straight!

My ob-gyn recommends me taking progresterone pills, any suggestions?

Has anybody developed anemia due to a heavy period? and what is your solution for this? 

Hello @[do...] benzos affect every bit of us so guess impact on hormones/menstrual cycle is inevitable. 

I hope you can find another form of iron that may suit you with sensitivity. I’ve had anaemia in the distant past and had to try different iron supplements. 

I don’t know about progesterone pills for your situation & with past benzo use a consideration. But I wanted to reply and just offer one idea. Healthunlocked.com might be somewhere to check out and find some info. 
I hope you can explore some options. Wishing you well