Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My body cannot tolerate being upright

Has anyone experienced that? Does this go away with time? This came on only in the wave I have been in since the beginning of January. My head pressure, nerve pain in my head, electricity shooting in my head and down my back and so on flare when I am up. 

This is the reason I cannot go for walks anymore. The other day I went for one and it was not a good idea. I had to go back home after 10 minutes! Some days it’s better and I can move about around my home a bit but some days I just have to lie down because sitting up/moving about for even 10 minutes makes the pressure and weird electric pulsing in my head and electric sensations so bad that lying down is a must. It’s like overstimulation from the upright position. It flares either at the back of my head (that’s when it pulses down my back) or at the top and forehead (when my head feels like it’s going to pop), my nerves feel really agitated. My head feels terrible - like something is pulling me, pulsing, throbbing, something is tugging at my brain, sometimes weird surges happen too.

When I try to ignore it, it can get really unbearable, not only in the head but I also get body pressure and vibrations, I get very overwhelmed and a bit nauseous even. 

• Like 1

Yes I have this too but lying down doesn't help either.  It really is horrible. I tried walking for a while but stopped as it felt like a punishment rather than a pleasure. Goodness knows how long this will take to sort itself out. We need a massive amount of patience to get through this ordeal.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, [[W...] said:

Yes I have this too but lying down doesn't help either.  It really is horrible. I tried walking for a while but stopped as it felt like a punishment rather than a pleasure. Goodness knows how long this will take to sort itself out. We need a massive amount of patience to get through this ordeal.

Oh yes waking is terrible now. For me lying down helps a lot but it’s not that it helps with everything. Sometimes when inner vibrations hit lying still is a problem but moving is even a bigger one. I am dealing with huge imbalance here it seems. I just hope it will heal one day. There is just no pushing through the head sensations. 

Yes I was bed/couch bound for almost a year during my taper and even after I found I felt better laying down and sitting up was a huge accomplishment. 
I have that off and on now, more aka driving me to be up more than laying but do what you feel is best for your body as different stages of all this require us to cope differently as you know…. So go with what feels best for now and it will hopefully improve soon for you and you’ll have the stamina and reduced head crapola that will let you feel human again sit upright no problem etc. 

sending hugs your way