Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonipin taper advice

33 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Hi @[...] just to chime in, I am on klonopin as well and I experience these jerks from time to time. I believe it to be pretty common from what I have read

They are preventing me from sleeping though. Because my anxiety gets so high about them. That’s my trouble.  😭

21 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Yes they can be quite difficult. To be honest the lower I got in dose they went away. I get maybe 1-2 total per week at this point

Can I ask where you started and where you are now? How long were you on it and what was your taper plan like?

I hope your test will reveal something we can use to pinpoint what the problem is.  Have you ever been on any other antidepressants before?

26 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I hope your test will reveal something we can use to pinpoint what the problem is.  Have you ever been on any other antidepressants before?

I have, I was on Zoloft for 6 months when I had my first son at .25 and had no issues at all getting off. I hope the hormone testing shows something. 

12 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I was on 1mg for about 7-10 days, then .5mg for about 2-3 weeks. I have been tapering the past few months and I’m slightly above .125mg. I went quite slow, but I was still sorting through a lot of my anxiety issues. I went from .50 to .375 to .3125, then only reduced by about .03 per cut every 7-10 days on average

Oh wow! And how has the taper gone for you at that pace? I feel like I got to .375 fine, and when I went down to .25 is when this started. I’m going back to .375 for now, and .5 if I need to. 

1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

It’s had its up and downs. I think once you find a your sweet spot of cut rate/percent that takes the edge off a bit. I spent a lot of time (and still do a little) worrying about my taper, should I go slower, faster, etc.

How are you cutting may I ask? Like dry taper, compound pharmacy, etc?