Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Latest Symptoms..something else? Or True Withdrawal?

On 20/02/2024 at 13:47, [[R...] said:

Going to a trip last year while tapering - already around -3,5 mg Xanax tapered then - I went on a trip here in Europe. Early spring. The stress of the trip caused "sinus issues", these persist to this day. Then I took a medication called levofloxacin, a flouroquinolone , this caused acute withdrawal. I soon crashed after that. 

I am surprised how I was able to do this trip. I was massively agoraphobic, generally very sick, but I just kept going. 

It is very likely a withdrawal symptom, I read it here quite often. Any weird emotion /feeling you experience in the near future, is most likely a withdrawal symptom... Actually I feel like, as one withdrawal coach said, as if I am only a bunch of symptoms and I believe I will forever be only symptoms... 

RR - I too was prescribed fluoroquinolone for sinus issue and I thought I was going to die for 2 weeks.  I wonder if that has also caused a slow recovery.  This was back in September when i realized I was dependent.  I kept taking more X and it just wasn’t helping.  drs prescribed more.  Only I figured out the problem and started taper in October.  Waiting for  something good to happen it’s been a long road for me.  And many others I know. 🙏

• Like 1