Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Functional but will i ever be the same again ? :(

Hi guys so im now completely clean CT for 4 months after 50 days of benzos. I know that i should be grateful because iam fully functional now and all my horific symptoms are gone i can eat anything i want without a problem i sleep well and the only thing left is headache after shower and tiny waves which are barely noticeable but my emotions are numb and i dont feel  100% like myself :( i use to love life soo much even walking 10 min in nature gave me soo much joy but now i dont feel anything im tierd guys will i ever be exactly the same person i was before all this ?  

I was a long term. 30 yrs.

It took 14 months I think. It could just be a window.

You were a short term. I wouldn't worry about it. It'll lift.

• Like 1

@[Kh...] i know how tough this whole process is but it will get better i promise just stay strong. For me it started getting better at the end of third month. Are you still tapering ? 

• Like 1

Im soo sorry your going through this :(  I know tapering can be tough, but i promise you that once you make it through, things will get much better than they are for u right now. I remember when i was in the thick of withdrawal, i had severe akathisia and would cry everyday. I was literally homebound and couldnt do anything but now most of my symptoms are gone so please stay strong my friend. Sending you healing and strength along the way :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 1