Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscle twitches spasms...24/7

Hi All. Sorry for another post. I am  freaking out and having trouble coping. I updosed from .125 klonopin to .5 mg nightly for sleep (6 days ago upon guidance of my Dr.) I did get some hours of rest since the updose which is good.

It was rxd for profound insomnia after a neck/nerve injury. I've tried almost all sleep meds this year. Had stretches 3-5 days of zero sleep, muscle twitches and mental torture. I nearly lost everything and am trying to get my life back. 

1 mg Klonopin in July 23 going down to .125. I went crazy from insomnia and was poly drugged. Perfectly healthy person prior. No alcohol, meds and extremely physically active. Muscle fasciculations and twitching occured dec 22 with insomnia and other meds including Ativan Ambien and trazadone and temazapam and baclofen.. etc

My issue is non stop muscle twitches and involuntary muscle jerks and contractions. Every day and nearly every moment. I'm watching my right elbow non stop twitch now. I'm awaken each morning by involuntary movements and muscle jerks. It's mental torture. So many neuro/imaging tests. I work in the medical field but had to leave for 8 months during my worst. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one and that after a year mental and physical torture that I can look forward to recovering.  .25 and .125 gave electric jolts and nearly no sleep. My Drs trying to help with other sleep meds. Neurologist says sleep is the cause of muscle twitches or points to anxiety. One neurologist wants to add an ssri which I don't want. I'm trying hormone therapy as in in menopause only in hopes of sleep and anxiety reducing.

I have yet to read anyone with this severity of muscle twitches and myoclonus. I have a family. I want to be the happy healthy person I was before this.

I can't really attest in terms of severity, but muscle twitching and jerking was a struggle for me. At times, it was non stop. But can't say it was always non stop. I do remember times when I'd wonder when it would end.

• Like 1

@[oc...],

I would highly suggest going onto the BIC website and try to find a coach that can help you here. I think these issues are mainly attributed to the Klonopin at this point and you need to find some sort of stability. One thing that is certain, these coaches have been through it all and really do care. A lot of good ones can also be found on Dr. Josef Witt Doerring’s website as well.

They have helped me tremendously up to the point I am now in my journey. I know everyone’s journey is unique to them, but you should consider it.

You will get through.

• Like 3