Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Diagnostic confusion

Benzodiazepines have so many side effects of which I have many.  But I also have vestibular migraines which have many symptoms in common.  Im a confusing mess every day not knowing what is causing my illnesses from one minute to the next.  Have tried process of elimination attempts without success. Doctors just confuse me more due to speculation on their part.  I would be able to deal with this all if I knew exactly what is causing what.  

Did you have vestibular migraines before taking benzos? Doctors do not know the cause of migraines but we know benzos are a beast so personally I would go with that. 

Im no expert, but then again your doctor isn't either. Sorry to say that, because if you are like me, you still have a raging trust in doctors that is hard to overcome, even though I've taken prednisone shots that didn't help, taken a boatload of meds that made things worse and have yet to find any of my current doctors' solutions give me any kind of boost. The last thing we want is to be in this without professional help, yet here we are!

What if you tried this?

1. List your current symptoms

2. Cross of any symptom that could be from the benzo withdrawal

3. See what's left

Maybe by a process of elimination you'll be able to see more objectively what symptoms might be attributed to vestibular migraines. 

Just a thought! I have some pre-benzo issues that confound things for me too!

Warmly,

HCHC