Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Worried mother

•  
  • Registrant

My autistic son was put on clonazepam 1.5 mg daily for 4 weeks.  We started a taper and are currently at 0.8 mg after 6 weeks of tapering.  He is non-verbal and I feel he is not having issues thus far.  
My question is; will the amount he was taking, and the length of time he was on them, factor into him having a good outcome for his completed taper?
 Honestly I’m scared to death of causing him harm from not doing this taper properly.  We were advised to taper .125 mg every 3 days.  I have decided to do 10% of his last dose every 7-10 days.  Am I going too fast or too slow. I just want what’s best for him, and not cause him pain.  Some of the things I’ve been reading are causing me grief, and I would just like to know if anyone has tapered with little to no problems.  Please give me some feedback.

Hello @[Da...],

Welcome to Benzobuddies!

I just wanted to say hello and get your account going.  Tapering, especially after short term use,  is not my strength, but I am sure that folks with experience in this area will chime in soon.  There are very kind and knowledgeable people here who can help you figure this out.

We're glad you found us.

[f6...]