Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

18 months free, far away from healed

I'm 18 months Benzo free. But I'm feeling like my emotions are dead and I cannot feel normal. I cannot talk properly as I get small waves if I talk normally or do things that normal people do. All I do is stay in bed. I feel so hopeless. 

My chest pains all the time and I breath out even if I just talk. 

Stomach is injured too and I cannot eat as I used to. 

I feel so hopeless. I cannot do this anymore. 

Every one has abandoned me and I'm all alone. 

We're still here with you @[Sc...], I know that's not much but we understand what you're going through.  I've witnessed so much heartache here, but I've also seen the joy that comes when we emerge from this nightmare.

Have you lost a lot of weight due to your stomach issues, do you feel its your worst symptom or are your chest pains taking that spot?

• Like 1

Have you logged your symptoms? Are there any improvements? Any symptoms that have gone up and down?

Edited by [...]
Grammer

I'm really sorry things are rough for you at the moment. Sometimes we do have to take it minute by minute. You're doing great, You're healing all the time even though it doesn't always feel like it. I find it helps me to think of the symptoms as signs that healing is happening, (rather than seeing them as signs of damage). The body is working to rearrange itself back into a state of health. Trust it's ability to do so!

You never really know how far or how near you may be to having a better baseline. Some people get advances slowly, some suddenly. The important thing is to manage in this moment right now. Have hope and be kind to yourself.

Cheers,

Pickle

• Like 1

@[Pa...] and others, My top 3 symptoms are : Emotional Numbness, Chest pain, Stomach Injury. Yes I have lost around 9 kg due to stomach issues. 

But of the 3 symptoms, the main culprit is emotional numbness, I can manage the other two. If the emotional numbness vanishes, I probably would consider myself a success story. I'm 1 symptom away from success. But that's the most notorious symptom. 

On 18/02/2024 at 10:26, [[S...] said:

I'm 18 months Benzo free. But I'm feeling like my emotions are dead and I cannot feel normal. I cannot talk properly as I get small waves if I talk normally or do things that normal people do. All I do is stay in bed. I feel so hopeless. 

My chest pains all the time and I breath out even if I just talk. 

Stomach is injured too and I cannot eat as I used to. 

I feel so hopeless. I cannot do this anymore. 

Every one has abandoned me and I'm all alone. 

I'm the same at 2years. X