Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Angry at my entire family.

I just argued with my mother, she told me, it's been a year and a half since you stopped taking the pills, because I told her that I'm still recovering, she thinks I must be recovered, I told her if she wants, I'll make a list of all the mental symptoms. and physiques that I have, accelerated, obsessive thoughts, how I wake up every morning with thoughts in a loop and she gave me an example that she also "thinks many things in her brain" such as, "that she doesn't have enough money", I'm really angry with my mother, those examples she gives me, she is very ignorant on this subject, I read her Ashton's manual, I read her stories of people who took years to recover but there is no way for her to understand, what the hell, they think that I am faking all this mental and physical suffering, the suffering is real. In a loud tone I said to him, do you think that during the first year when I stopped taking the pills, I walked down the street and thought that people were following me? He didn't answer me and he looked at me, all these crazy things that I have never experienced in my life, but there is no way I understand, no one in my family understands me, not even my sister who studies psychology.

@[Lo...]I know what you are feeling is true and you are in a very delicate situation.
First, you are facing family members who seem not to be informed about the characteristics of benzo withdrawal, one of them is actually a potential health care worker. The lack of knowledge about our syndrome in the health care system is something I know myself very well, it makes your job difficult. 
Irritability, stress intolerance might make it even more difficult for you.

It is important, I think to keep calm and patient, even if this whole thing is maddening.

I made an A4 page long summary of texts from the sources I know about protracted withdrawal and symptoms, I used the Daily Med website, where the patient leaflet itself describes this condition. I translated it, pasted links, etc. I used the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition website, too. 
(Does your family speak English, maybe?) 

I added some sources I used to teach my psychologist and family :

Daily Med : 

5.3 Dependence and Withdrawal Reactions

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=aa58fff3-c297-49be-838b-599c32ad9835

BIC Website, protracted withdrawal: 

https://www.benzoinfo.com/protracted-withdrawal-syndrome/

Do you think these links might be useful? I did a short extract from these texts above. You might use online, automatic translation. The final result was a PDF document. 

Edited by [Re...]
part on staying calm highlighted
  • Like 2

Also Jenn Swan has videos for family and friends that are helpful, Dr Josef’s videos are very informative, and Angie Peacock meets with families on zoom to help explain to Them this stuff….. see if they are receptive. The more I sent my family it was too much and overloaded them/ compassion fatigge . So send a couple things and then try to get support from here Facebook groups or coaches bc family and friends tend to never really get it no matter how much we try to tell them. So I’m learning to lean on others bc frustration with family makes my symptoms

https://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/for-bwd-bind-sufferers/what-we-wish-friends-and-family-knew-part-three/

• Like 5