Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

STRESS MAKES EVERYTHING WORSE (MUCH WORSE)

I know that this sounds oh so very obvious, but it feels like stress is literally killing me! About six weeks ago there was a post on Facebook that an abandoned Mama dog had given birth to six puppies under a water tank in an industrial park, and they were about to euthanize them all. No one was offering any help. I had an empty garage, so I offered it as refuge, but said that I could not take care of the dogs on my own. OMG! How could I be so stupid? Everybody abandoned me! They are weaned now, and three have been adopted, but this has been one of the most stressful experiences of my life! Everyone is attacking me. They don't like the way I do things and criticize me constantly! But not one person has ever cleaned up a single poo, or fed a single meal! It's all up to me! Someone even threatened to sue me for custody of the puppies! It's insane!

So, I am trying with all my strength to not updose. I took a single 100 mg dose of gabapentin two days ago, and at the time it helped me, but now I feel like crap! I think that I was doing better when I was not on social media and had almost no contact with humans.

On a lighter note, the puppies are the most amazing and beautiful creatures. I live up against a hill, and they follow me up the hill and stay with me on the trails at the other side. They are healthy, strong and oh so loving!

But this stress has put me in Benzo hell! Everything seems to bother me 100 times worse than before! People are stalking me on Facebook, and trying to sabotage the puppies at every turn. All because they want to be in control of the little dogs.

I don't know if this means that I should just never try to help anyone anymore. I've kept to myself for years because NO ONE understands this Benzo hell ('cept you guys.) What should I do? I feel threatened and scared all the time now. And two people who promised to adopt puppies backed out this week😭

HELP!!!!

Hello @[Ta...] sorry for what’s been happening. 

I’ve never been on FB, heard it can be toxic - so sounds as if that social media place is not somehow to be right now. It seems very judgemental. 

I’m an animal lover in UK & I did see your post about the puppies before. 
No wonder you feel stressed. Avoid/ignore negative people, hope you will be able to find suitable adopters & what you’ve done sounds quite amazing & compassionate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[Ta...] kudos to you for being caring. And I do feel for your stress. I, too, am an animal lover . . . I even founded an NPO cat rescue years ago. But here's a suggestion: is there a no-kill shelter in your area to which you could take the remaining puppies? Call around and make sure it's no-kill i.e. they will only euthanize for incurable disease/injury. There ought to be one in your area. No, you won't be abandoning them if you take them to such a shelter. But getting some stress off yourself is a priority, I think. Thank you so much for caring about animals . . .now it's maybe time to care for yourself, no? Blessings.

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tall Girl, I think you did a wonderful thing. And fb is a sewer if your not connected to the right people.  I left it 5 yrs ago I think but recently went back for a friend.

As fir the puppies, and the flakes. This happens alot, everybody gets excited about kittens and puppies until it's time to come pick them up or help out. 

You stuck with it and thats amazing given your in withdrawal I know I couldn't have done it. But u did it! I know your struggling but just think about how those little guys got you up and out and moving, even making feel love when u look at them. They are a blessing! 

Your amazing, find them homes, don't listen to those who didn't lift a finger to help. Do the best u can and that's all you can do, don't explain anything to them. Just ignore then, Block them or better yet, get off fb it's a sewer! 

We would love pics of the little munchkins though lol

Ns:therethere: 

Just now, [[n...] said:

Tall Girl, I think you did a wonderful thing. And fb is a sewer if your not connected to the right people.  I left it 5 yrs ago I think but recently went back for a friend.

As fir the puppies, and the flakes. This happens alot, everybody gets excited about kittens and puppies until it's time to come pick them up or help out. 

You stuck with it and thats amazing given your in withdrawal I know I couldn't have done it. But u did it! I know your struggling but just think about how those little guys got you up and out and moving, even making feel love when u look at them. They are a blessing! 

Your amazing, find them homes, don't listen to those who didn't lift a finger to help. Do the best u can and that's all you can do, don't explain anything to them. Just ignore then, Block them or better yet, get off fb it's a sewer! 

We would love pics of the little munchkins though lol

Ns:therethere: 

And yes stress makes everything worse! I put myself in stressful situations everyday but I try to find the good in everything so it helps!