Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Last Lap

Why does it get SO HARD when near the end of taper and stop, when dose is so small compared to what we were once on?

For me at this moment it's Cymbalta/Duloxetine anti Depress that I am on. Currently standing at 5mg and have been tapering a few months

Feel so anxious and detached and often depressed and it makes one feel full of foreboding whenever a further taper is due

The last lap the same for you...how did y'all cope?

@[Di...] It gets hard at the end because even small doses bind to very significant percentage of receptors. These drugs are very "effective".

We discussed this in this thread :

Whatever psych medication you taper, it is even more important to go even slower at lower doses. 

I know it gets very hard, it had been for me too. Hopefully your taper has been reasonable, unlike mine, and your system will not take so long to calm down. 

@[Di...]Not knowing anything about tapering and antidepressant/benzodiazepine withdrawal I jumped from 30 mg duloxetine and 2,5 mg diazepam equivalent alprazolam. So it is complicated for me. The improvements are very very slow. 

I am here to encourage you to do a slow taper and don't make the mistakes I did. I am doing "okay", I can go for walks, shopping, etc, but quite symptomatic still. 

You will be fine, don't get scared, really, let your body guide you! 

• Like 1

Cheers RR....Can tapering AD's make you tired? @[...]ReubenRalph

Edited by [Di...]

@[Di...] Feeling tired is a very common symptom of withdrawal, let it be antidepressant or benzo withdrawal, I have had it until recently.