Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is it a thread for 12 - 24 months off ct. ?

Not completely ct . But during 14 - 21 days in a rehab . Many say they got worse during 1 year mark . Thats include me . And i heard it can happen until 18 months.  Its a long time . I hope at one point it can ease soon . At least a little bit .

Hey @[ma...],

I'm sorry that you are still suffering after a year.  I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel though.  How many months off are you?  Have you experienced any improvements?

Hello @[ma...], I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling worse! You know, there are people saying so many different things it can get confusing and very scary. Think about this: Lots of people say at the twelve month mark they went into a hideous wave for a month and then it was just about all over. That can happen too.

We're always trying to parse out how we're gonna feel next based on how we feel now and somebody else's experience. I mean, what else can we do? Well, there is one thing we can do, and that is to try not to scare yourself. You did an almost cold turkey and there are those who think that can make a big difference in your recovery. My take is that that is rarely true. For a few folks, sorry to say yes, that happens. But not for most.

I don't have a crystal ball but you may just be in a nasty wave. I'm at 17 months and I know I'm getting better. I just get freaked out that I'm not all better yet. Sometimes I get afraid that I'm just getting used to feeling badly! But I know that's not true; I just have some symptoms that haven't really abated, like dizziness and tinnitus. 

I'm one of those who pretty much has just very slowly improved. At a turtle's pace. So it's hard for me to see it. It might be similar for you, IDK, but as @[Bu...] mentioned, what improvements have you experienced? That's a great place to start!

Warmly,

HCHC

• Love 1

@[Ho...] Yes turtlespace maybe , and now a nasty wave ? I am glad to hear you are better at 17 months . Over 3 months ahead of me .My improvements are better with hairloss , bodypain , stomack pain and the breathing/asthma symptoms are much better for now .But the mental is worse .Dispair , anxiety and intrusive thoughts/ ptsd .

8 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Hello @[ma...], I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling worse! You know, there are people saying so many different things it can get confusing and very scary. Think about this: Lots of people say at the twelve month mark they went into a hideous wave for a month and then it was just about all over. That can happen too.

We're always trying to parse out how we're gonna feel next based on how we feel now and somebody else's experience. I mean, what else can we do? Well, there is one thing we can do, and that is to try not to scare yourself. You did an almost cold turkey and there are those who think that can make a big difference in your recovery. My take is that that is rarely true. For a few folks, sorry to say yes, that happens. But not for most.

I don't have a crystal ball but you may just be in a nasty wave. I'm at 17 months and I know I'm getting better. I just get freaked out that I'm not all better yet. Sometimes I get afraid that I'm just getting used to feeling badly! But I know that's not true; I just have some symptoms that haven't really abated, like dizziness and tinnitus. 

I'm one of those who pretty much has just very slowly improved. At a turtle's pace. So it's hard for me to see it. It might be similar for you, IDK, but as @[Bu...] mentioned, what improvements have you experienced? That's a great place to start!

Warmly,

HCHC

Hello fighter friend. You said that in your case everything has been very progressive. In my case I suddenly stopped taking the 6mg of clonazepam and it has been 11 months since the last clonazepam and everything is being very very very gradual. In your case you talk about tinnitus and dizziness as the worst symptoms. In my case it is anxiety and anhedonia and that is exactly why I wanted to ask you. What was anxiety and anhedonia like in your particular case? Did you suffer them? And how was its development if so?

Thank you very much, a lot of patience and a hug from Spain 🙋🏻‍♂️

Hi @[Ye...] 

I still have some anhedonia and anxiety. Like today, I hit a little wave. Burning skin, jitteriness, anhedonia are higher today than yesterday, and it's in part due to anxiety over filing business taxes, of all things! 

The anxiety has gotten a lot better overall though. The anhedonia is always there but sometimes I can see it's lessening.Those two symptoms and akethesia have been my most difficult symptoms. Still, all of them are lightening. For me, for some reason, this month (month 17) is the first in a long time I noticed a kind of leap away from the symptoms. It's different for everyone but I certainly do hear a lot about 18-24 months. So I'm in hopes!

Hi @[ma...],for sure the mental issues are the absolute worst! I've watched more TV than I ever thought I could. Some days even the was tragically hard, the things I could tolerate I'd never have watched back in the day! Keep distracting and know these mental issues aren't reflecting the real you; NOT AT ALL. They'll lift completely for moth of us someday!

HCHC

The inner severe dread is the worst , and hard to explain . Is it the brain working hard ?