Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Forgot klonopin on a cruise so doctor perscribed valium for two days now taking klonopin it doesn't seem to be working.

So, I just got done with a cruise and I left my backpack on shore on Monday but by the time I got back to the cruise i completely forgot it and it had my .345 mg of klonpin inside for daily use and the cruise had already taken off.

Tuesday around 2:30 severe withdrawal symptoms staring kicking in (shaking, tremors, dizziness, blurred vision, you name it) so i went to the on-board doctor there and told her what happened. She grilled me very hard thinking I was just looking for a drug fix but thank God I have my prescription photo on my phone.

She gave me 5 2.5 tablets for the first dose, but I didn't feel anything maybe like 10-15% of the anxiety off for an hour. I went back the next day was shaking in the chair and she uped my does to 5 mg in 5 pills. Still, this didn't have much of an effect and I took all 5 pills. I just had to rough it out till i got off the cruise and my friend had to drive me home. As soon as I got home, I took my daily .345 mg klonopin and it helped for 5 hours but it's been working for an entire day for 9 years for me. I took another .25mg klonopin a bit ago and i can feel it's helping but not like it used to.

My questions is because I took the valium has it perminately messed up my brain? Or do I just need to wait a couple days until the valium where's off and then the klonopin will work as usual again?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Hey @[Jt...],

Switching between meds can be hard on our systems.  I would have terrible reactions every time the pharmacy just switched brands on me, but eventually it would settle down.  Of course everyone is different, but if it were me, I'd give it a little while and see what happens.

Blessings!