Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ATIVAN DOSE , WITHDRAWALS, DESPERATELY NEED OPINIONS, ADVICE TO IMPROVE MY SITUATION

@[...] @[Wi...] I still think it's ativan , not xanax , tolerated xanax very well  besides ativan is aa depresant working against antidepressants and anxiety,  I found in literature and psychiatrist confirmed it 

@[Wi...]

I haven't been functional for a long time , just recently got worse . Yesterday I took midday dose which helped , but at night took 0.75 and remeron for sleep and actually I had decent night,  took 0.5midday but it's not working since I'm having WD symptoms pretty bad right now 😭 

What happens to me when I stay with withdrawals , will I get dangerous symptoms?

@edab i agree that depressants work against anti depressants but my point here is that not tolorateing a benzo is different from experiencing withdrawal. If you dont tolorate a benzo it means that you are unable to tolorate its effect due to various reasons such a side effects or adverese reactions but withdrawal occurs when a person has physically developed dependence and the drug is stopped abdruptly thats why i think your symptoms are probably from stopping the xanax CT after 2 weeks rather than sensitivity to ativan itself . Or it could be that your doctor didnt get the equivalant right when makeing the switches. What dose xanax were u takeing ? 

@[...] now you have to focus on stabilizeing so your symptoms dont get worse  and once your stabilized you can start to taper off

@[...] I understand withdrawals and not tolerating drug, what is happening with me is I have withdrawals for sure , but I do have s/x like weakness, constipation,  indigestion,  decreased appetite 

Problem now is that I got dependent on it and can't quit 

Xanax was 0.25-0.5 mg 

[db...]

@[...]

When I stopped clonazepam c/t I went into acute withdrawal. Psychiatrist had 30 years experience and said no problem just stopping c/t. She was wrong, and completely ignorant of these medications. 

It took me months to stabilise on the 10mg diazepam (slightly under the equivalent dose of clonazepam), but it has a long half life, so I wasn’t going through inter-dose withdrawals once the drug built up in my system, and that allowed me to eventually stabilise. 

When I was on Oxazepam where dependancy developed, I had no idea I was having interdose withdrawals. Once that dependency developed, I would experience increasing symptoms within 3 hours of dosing and my average dose would no longer relieve symptoms after dosing at all. I needed a larger dose, and often. 

C/t’ing would have shaken your nervous system which you are probably still trying to recover from, and stabilising your system on the Ativan dosing only once a day is extremely unlikely. 

The majority of doctors and psychiatrists have neither the knowledge of the true adverse effects of these drugs, nor the training to de-prescribe (how to safely taper) these drugs. 

Below is a link to a benzo wise psychiatrist who admits how little doctors and psychiatrists know about the the adverse effects of antidepressants and benzodiazepines and the lack of training in deprescribing these medications. 

https://markhorowitz.org/

When I was tapering and got to .25 of Ativan I just Took one dose a day and I never really stabilized and when I tried to reduce from that ONE dose of Ativan I had mania.  I was producing all this cortisol and adrenaline in my body and I could never really stabilize.  Finally I divided my one dose into 3 doses and also bumped up my dose slightly and things calmed down.  I think I jumped from .25 to .45 and this gave me a lot of relief.  I had to buy a jewellers scale and slowly start reducing.

probably if you divide your daily dose into 3 parts and bump up slightly and  get a jewellers scale you will have success.

I took Ativan for over 30 years.

• Like 3

[db...]

@[Pi...]

Thank you so much for sharing your ‘direct experience’ with Ativan. 

I agree… even dosing twice a day may not be sufficient to keep blood serum levels even enough to stabilise.