Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Today I feel like I am constantly getting poked and prodded

I think I was abducted by aliens.  There are so many sensations going on inside my body today that I don’t even know how to describe.  Very uncomfortable and accompanied by intense anxiety. 

My body absolutely feels broken but I can get up and move just fine.  What gives?

Benzos are aliens to the body. I get the prodding and poking too and overall peculiar sensations, just horrible. I am trying to visualize the millions of tiny neuronal wires flailing about trying to find their partners so they can all dance together to a beautiful tune instead of the random freestyle interpretation to a cacophony that they are doing now.

We're not broken, we're fixing!

When I was in acute my body was shaking, morphing just who knows what was going on. I sat on the couch thinking I was going to literal be propelled out of the living room window!

A small dose of Propronolol did the trick almost immediately to calm it all down.

Worth a try…

2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

When I was in acute my body was shaking, morphing just who knows what was going on. I sat on the couch thinking I was going to literal be propelled out of the living room window!

A small dose of Propronolol did the trick almost immediately to calm it all down.

Worth a try…

I have some propranolol but it depresses the crap out of me 50% of the time.  I feel so dull after taking it.  Not even worth it.  

2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Benzos are aliens to the body. I get the prodding and poking too and overall peculiar sensations, just horrible. I am trying to visualize the millions of tiny neuronal wires flailing about trying to find their partners so they can all dance together to a beautiful tune instead of the random freestyle interpretation to a cacophony that they are doing now.

We're not broken, we're fixing!

I think this is what Luke Skywalker felt like when the Emperor was blasting him with electricity.  

• Like 1

Today for me it’s itching, burning, zapping and prickling all over my skin. Iatrogenic crap is the worst. 

55 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

I have some propranolol but it depresses the crap out of me 50% of the time.  I feel so dull after taking it.  Not even worth it.  

Was given propranolol for anxiety & doctor was very surprised not been offered if before rather than cocktail of other meds. Told take it PRN on a good day to see the effect. Suffice to say didn’t notice a good day - so didn’t ever take it, & from your experience pretty glad I didn’t! 

Edited by [Ka...]

56 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Was given propranolol for anxiety & doctor was very surprised not been offered if before rather than cocktail of other meds. Told take it PRN on a good day to see the effect. Suffice to say didn’t notice a good day - so didn’t ever take it, & from your experience pretty glad I didn’t! 

It can be helpful sometimes, especially if your heart is racing and you can’t get it to slow down.  That’s just my reaction.  A lot of people take it to treat blood pressure.  

It’s a well-studied drug and mostly harmless drug.  But it can make some people feel depressed and dull.  I’m sure my jacked up neurotransmitter situation with BIND made me more vulnerable. 

Yes @[dj...] I probably would have tried it had I not been on a benzo as well as other meds. I got impression doctor thought it should have been first line approach. 

I think it then becomes hard to know what is working/not working - so I resisted. 
Sorry about BIND. Crazy position we find ourselves in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2024 at 16:53, [[d...] said:

I think I was abducted by aliens.  There are so many sensations going on inside my body today that I don’t even know how to describe.  Very uncomfortable and accompanied by intense anxiety. 

My body absolutely feels broken but I can get up and move just fine.  What gives?

@[dj...] yes I have the same as you sensations that are hard to describe. Constant discomfort, muscle tightness, tension but it is often difficult to pinpoint where it origins from. Sometimes it is a form of irritating discomfort, achy, stingy, prickly with locked up muscle feeling.