Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxiety

Hello  I wake up very calm. As soon as I get out of bed  anxiety fear. Everything anyone else experiencing this..thank you x 

It happens to almost everyone. Culprit? Probably cortisol. Get up, move, eat, eat, eat and distract, distract, distract!!

Thank you I'm so calm until get up

Been 2years  onow windows. Could this still withdrawal 

Xxx

Honestly? I wonder that daily. Do you have a therapist, psychiatrist? 
I’m not waiting for it to ‘lift’ or for me to simply heal. Instead I am trying every lead, like many others, even if the MRI,  CT, Neuropsych tests, probably 100 vials of blood for testing, pulmonary, cardiology, sleep clinic are inconclusive. 
Diet, supplements, exercise, mindset, faking it…ugh!

Yesterday I called dozens of psychiatrists and found 1 who was 1 of 2 chosen for a Mayo Fellowship in psychopharmacology, works with NIH, has a DO blah blah blah and only sees people 2 evenings/week. After hearing my story she immediately accepted me as a new client.

Will it help? I sure hope so. If not, NEXT, until I find someone, something that will tackle my symptoms and lead to a better quality of life. A life, actually.

My point being I have been in hell for 16 months (3 years actually) and been here, read Baylissa’s & Jen Swan’s books, spoken to Jennifer Leigh, Chris Page, Geraldine Burns, Angela Peacock, Emma Saunders, every YouTube video possible, Gupta Program, yoga, Insight Timer meditation; found a PsyD Psychologist/therapist at NRH, etc. I AM better, but I am just not going to stop until I am living and happy again. I won’t.

Tenacity, not taking no for an answer. Just keep going and fighting, for me, is key.

So, keep fighting and searching for the answers and path forward!

Edited by [Ma...]

I’ve been on this journey for some time.  I notice mornings are brutal for me…I suffer greatly from fatigue as well…I just keep trying to do things as hard as it is.  I am equine therapy which is very beneficial.  I have many problems and this on top of them has been horrific…I’m sorry you are suffering, I am too.  It’s so difficult.

Best,

Fierce

I have to side with @[Ma...]on this.  I usually have some pretty bad anxiety as well when I wake up in the AM.  As hard as it is, it's important to move into the day and try to follow the routines that you would normally do or like to do.  Your body is the most vulnerable in the early morning to the WD effects of the benzos, and most of us feel lousy.  My therapist has helped me through the process and we've talked a lot about the importance of entering the day even though you may feel nothing like doing so.  Eat some food, take the meds and find some activities that will distract you from the pain that you're bound to feel.  Try to plan ahead and do something that you like to do and look forward to.  A good book, a podcast, feeding your pet, or calling a friend can all get you out of bed and moving.  And remember, there's always somebody up at this site 24/7.  We all go through different stuff, but in the end, we're all in pain and struggling.  You don't have to do it alone.  

I don't always know what someone means when they say anxiety.  My anxiety is in my body, not my mind.  It gets worse with any stimulation.  I get up and do my routine, and it makes me worse.  I then have to go back to bed for a while.  Then I do distractions and they all make me worse.  When I had anxiety in my normal life I could read, listen a podcast, distract, exercise.  I still do exercise on the treadmill and that makes me worse too.  No relaxing refreshing feeling or endorphins come like they used to. The anxiety is painful. I cry out.  I am used to anxiety in my normal life.  I used to go on stage with hands and knees trembling.   I now can't even remember what that normal anxiety felt like.  I certainly wasn't crying out or doubling over with it.  What is this thing?

• Like 1

@[Si...] EXACTLY! I am going to quote you to send to my doctors.

I keep telling them I have had anxiety since I was 5 years old and this.is.not.anxiety.I am intimate with anxiety and this ain’t it. It’s just not and quite frankly there’s not enough going on in my brain to worry, ruminate etc. I honestly feel 1/3rd of my brain has been scooped out.

I too will just collapse in bed, cry because it is painful. 

I can’t read a book-a previous passion-watch a movie, although I try. And try so I can teach brain it is safe, like exercise so it can re-connect or something 🤦‍♀️.

It’s like my cells are hyperactive trying to find where to connect to 1 another.

I also ‘negotiate’ with self. I’ve bought theater tickets and say, okay we’re doing this even if we don’t like it. Even if we fall asleep midway. You have to find a way to LIVE with this (am I the only person who talks to themselves in the 3rd person??). However, did I manage getting my hair cut today? Nope.

And this is the crux, isn’t it? This is not the withdrawals I went through. Those were biblical and this? It’s the aftermath. What’s lost and what’s left. And what is possible.

I’m just trying to believe something, anything will shift, change-SOON! 🥹

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I don't always know what someone means when they say anxiety.  My anxiety is in my body, not my mind.  It gets worse with any stimulation.  I get up and do my routine, and it makes me worse.  I then have to go back to bed for a while.  Then I do distractions and they all make me worse.  When I had anxiety in my normal life I could read, listen a podcast, distract, exercise.  I still do exercise on the treadmill and that makes me worse too.  No relaxing refreshing feeling or endorphins come like they used to. The anxiety is painful. I cry out.  I am used to anxiety in my normal life.  I used to go on stage with hands and knees trembling.   I now can't even remember what that normal anxiety felt like.  I certainly wasn't crying out or doubling over with it.  What is this thing?

Everything I do makes it worse. How long has it been for you  x

14 hours ago, [[M...] said:

@[Si...] EXACTLY! I am going to quote you to send to my doctors.

I keep telling them I have had anxiety since I was 5 years old and this.is.not.anxiety.I am intimate with anxiety and this ain’t it. It’s just not and quite frankly there’s not enough going on in my brain to worry, ruminate etc. I honestly feel 1/3rd of my brain has been scooped out.

I too will just collapse in bed, cry because it is painful. 

I can’t read a book-a previous passion-watch a movie, although I try. And try so I can teach brain it is safe, like exercise so it can re-connect or something 🤦‍♀️.

It’s like my cells are hyperactive trying to find where to connect to 1 another.

I also ‘negotiate’ with self. I’ve bought theater tickets and say, okay we’re doing this even if we don’t like it. Even if we fall asleep midway. You have to find a way to LIVE with this (am I the only person who talks to themselves in the 3rd person??). However, did I manage getting my hair cut today? Nope.

And this is the crux, isn’t it? This is not the withdrawals I went through. Those were biblical and this? It’s the aftermath. What’s lost and what’s left. And what is possible.

I’m just trying to believe something, anything will shift, change-SOON! 🥹

I can't read or anything.  Xxxx