Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does your looks come back after withdrawal?

Winters Sun: I think we have a lot in common. Turning my head off has been one of my biggest problems my entire life.  Responded with a laughing face not because what you said is funny by any means but yes don't let the doctors and their white coats intimidate you. Been there done that. 

[1d...]
22 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Winters Sun: I think we have a lot in common. Turning my head off has been one of my biggest problems my entire life.  Responded with a laughing face not because what you said is funny by any means but yes don't let the doctors and their white coats intimidate you. Been there done that. 

@[Pi...]

Benzo withdrawal may not the best time to start this, depending on how intense your withdrawal is, but I guarantee you ‘meditation’ will absolutely change your life, help you regain enormous control over your thinking mind. Just remember that for once you’re on the other side of this. It is an incredibly powerful and life changing practice. 

Edited by Guest

Winters Sun:  A lot of my thinking has already changed. My dad survived an economic depression and WW2. Not much worried him only his family which as I young guy made no sense to me. Now it does. It's all how you view things and perspective.

Winters Sun: I am a religious person and pray a lot. It is a form of meditation. I've already considered exploring this further and I feel it has merit. It's already helped me a lot. Thanks.

7 hours ago, [[S...] said:

What about wrinkles?  I've screamed and frowned so much I got new wrinkles; I don't dare look in the mirror any more.

I got a deep wrinkle between my brows due to the wd. My face was frozen in non stop frown during the hard time. The wrinkle is still here. Hope it will flatten eventually.

I’ve gained 25 lbs in the last 18 months but I was at a 20 year low then.  I can’t exercise, can’t go on walks.  I eat healthy but I tend to snack out of boredom.  

[1d...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Winters Sun: I am a religious person and pray a lot. It is a form of meditation. I've already considered exploring this further and I feel it has merit. It's already helped me a lot. Thanks.

@[Pi...]

Before the benzo’s which came about through pre-existing gut impairment, food reactions and MCAS, I meditated 2 -3 hrs per day for 10 years, and as someone who was deeply sensitive and overanalysed absolutely everything into the negative, the meditation absolutely changed my life. It’s absolutely true “the answer is never MORE thinking, it’s LESS thinking.” Meditation trains you into being completely present in each and every moment (Be Here Now), as opposed to thoughts being off in the future or the past or thinking about something or someone who is elsewhere. It’s incredibly powerful. The last 3 days I’ve done an 80min meditation each day, and I feel better than I have in months. And that’s just 3 days. Obviously you have to gradually build up.

For some, withdrawal is not the place to meditate, especially those is such a heightened state of severe fight or flight terror, as it’s like trying to calm yourself whilst being chased by a lion. 

But, from what you’ve expressed… I do believe that if you take up and commit to meditation on the other side of this (if you can’t practice right now) it will absolutely change your life beyond anything you can imagine. 👍

Lucky you ! Im 3 months out and still have emotional blunting it sucks i literally cannot feel any joy :(