Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Swap Lorazepam for Clonazepam

Hello, I am new here, I have been using Lorazepam for 4 weeks and 
I have developed benzo withdrawal in a very short time...
the next day in the morning I already have withdrawal symptoms, 
tremors, feelings of panic and a lot of anxiety. 
I want to stop Lorazepma and I was wondering if it is advisable 
to do so using Clonazepam as a means to gradually get rid of this. 
What do you think about this? greetings

Hello @[gu...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Generally speaking, we can taper off directly from the benzodiazepine we are already taking, and this is especially true after short-term use. I suggest avoiding complications and they can sometimes introduce their own problems. If you find that you cannot taper off directly from lorazepam, I suggest that's the time to consider alternative approaches.

What dose of lorazepam do you take per day? When do you take it - is it in a single dose in the evening?

And what dose pills do you use?

I have only taken Lorazepam for a month, 
in the first two weeks I only took one 1 mg pill 
every 3 or 4 days, and in the last two weeks, 
1 mg pill in the morning and 
another 1 mg pill at night. ..
this until today.

@[gu...] As a heads-up, please paste your comments as 'plain text'. They are difficult to read the way they are formatted.

Given your short-term use, in all likelihood you will be able to taper off without too many difficulties, reducing your dose by a half-pill every few days. If you find this too difficult, you can try quartering your pills.

I believe Lorazepam is available as 0.5mg pills in most countries - these would allow you to make smaller reductions. The chances are that you will not need the smaller pills given your short-term use.

If your aim is to avoid developing dependency (which would be sensible), it is important for you to follow a short taper and soon. Although there is a lot of variability, dependency can begin to set in after just a few weeks of use for some people. In your shoes, I would aim to be off in no more than a couple of weeks. The longer you remain on benzodiazepines, the greater the risk of developing dependency resulting in a much more difficult withdrawal.

Of course, you should discuss any changes to your medication with your doctor.

• Like 1

Hi, I developed akathisia due to the use of levofloxacin... it is a little-known and little-disseminated topic... But I do not want to depend on Lorazepam... I prefer to use other things such as: Taurine, L-Theanine, Pregnenolone, Taurine modulates the attenuating neurotransmitter activity (e.g. GABA) and L-theanine, which increases the concentration of the neurotransmitter serotonin. dopamine, GABA and glycine in the brain, and pregnenolone for anti-anxiety effects.. Thank you so much

Agree with @[Co...]. Even Dr. Ashton said that converting to a different benzo will just take extra time so it's not always needed. Worth a shot to taper directly from the lorazepam, especially with only short term use.

• Like 1

In just one month I developed withdrawal syndrome with lorazepam... I feel bad in the mornings when I don't take it... I think this oddity is due to the fact that my GABA system is affected by quinolones.